Rob from RI

View attachment 17636 Hi my names Rob and I am from Rhode Island the Warwick area. About a month ago I did some work for a customer about $1500 worth and I traded it for his 2001 wr426 with 450 miles on it. Now I only had one off/on road bike before in 1995 or so and I didn't get to ride it much cause it got stolen. Other than that my riding experience is only on road and only 2-3 years total. I have been wanting a dirt bike ever sense I saw one. My cousins always had 3-4 new ones in their garage but my family didn't have it like that. That's why I jumped on this deal. I know this bike probably isn't the best bike for a beginner but I got what I got. I do feel real comfortable on it and with it's power. Now at 42,220 and 5'10" I am finally starting to live my dream.This bike was in brand new condition but not running. I pulled the plug cleaned it and the carb and now it runs great.In Ri it sucks cause there is no legal place to ride. I do live 500 ft from a privet beach and there is a 99 acre masons/Shriners park behind me. The beach kinda sucks to ride on and the park I only ride in for about 10 min or so after hours .I have to respect where I live and my neighbors, so I don't tear it up. The first thing I bought as far as gear goes was a helmet and thore chest protector, fox pants with pads and heat shields, fox jersey, fox gloves & socks and O'Neal boots.I've been to a place called Carr pond. Totaly illegal but nether the less a good spot. Its roughly 1.5 miles around a pond. The trails about 8 ft wide with plenty of triple whoop de doos or what have you. My first time out there I was with a friend on a yz-125 I tore it up and felt real comfortable doing 3 laps. My second time I tore it up ok but not as much due to the fact I was riding alone. I know there's plenty of places to ride in near by Mass & Conn but I haven't had the time to properly register my bike and get the required stickers to ride in either state.
I am mostly riding in the park every other day trying to learn balance and how to pull a wheelie. I do ok at it but just learning breaking and stuff. Soon I hope to learn how to shift into second. The bike is geared low so riding one in first is kinda tough and an only do it so long b4 its redlining. I know practice makes perfect. Hay I just turned 42 and own my own const/painting co. and I just look for a little progress each time I ride. Falling at my age means tons of pain and poss time off of work which I don't want, So for now its baby steps. I am really dying to het on a track, hit some jumps and corners and learn the in/outs. I read a bunch on another forum and stumbled on this one. It seems like a great community as is the other. So I figured I would join up and give a proper introduction.

Any suggestions and/or comments would be welcome .
PS ,I work with my hands and not my head. Please forgive the bad grammar and punctuation.
Thank You,Rob from RI

Attachments

• bike1.JPG
    bike1.JPG
    517.3 KB · Views: 17