Rm85 front end on a cr80

I'm building a 1984 cr80. I'm trying to put a newer front end on it for the obvious upgrades (mainly disc brakes) and also due to the fact that I bought this bike already missing everything on the front end except for the forks, which need to be rebuilt. So I'd probably be better off money wise going with a newer front end and it would make the bike one of a kind. I found a good deal on a complete rm85 front end that has everything I need for only $250. I measured and the triple tree on the rm85 should fit into my frame perfectly length wise, however my old triple tree stem diameter is 23.75mm and the rm85 diameter is 26mm. How could I make this work? Different bearings? If not are there any other front ends I could use on this bike? Thanks.

With the amount of custom work you want to do I think you should spend your money on things like CNC machines, CAD/CAM software, general metal working tools/equipment, and warehouse/industrial property rental.

With the amount of custom work you want to do I think you should spend your money on things like CNC machines, CAD/CAM software, general metal working tools/equipment, and warehouse/industrial property rental.
Serious replies only please. Could I just get custom bearings made and fit it or would I have to fabricate a whole new triple tree or could I use the rm85 triple tree and Conbine it with my old stem somehow? Not sure how to go about this.

You would need to use the triples from the RM, but not sure if the stem/bearings would work. what year is the RM85 frontend?

would I be able to remove my stem and fit it in place of the rm85 stem?
I doubt it. You would need to research the stem size of the RM vs the CR. With the forks being of a larger size, I am sure the stem size is bigger as well.

the only way it would work is if you jacked up the radiator cap and park a 2001-2003 rm85 under it. All of bearing and geometrical values are different.

I doubt it. You would need to research the stem size of the RM vs the CR. With the forks being of a larger size, I am sure the stem size is bigger as well.
The stem size of the rm85 is bigger than mine, by about 2mm. I tried to look on allsballs site for their fork conversion and couldn't find anything.