RM125 Rm125 not running PLEASE HELP!?!?

i had recently got a 1991 rm125 from a dude that was riding it to us and it siezed on the way so he gave it to us for free so we took the engine apart and the crankshaft had gotten so hot it expanded and got deformed and the crankshaft bearings were in pieces so we bought a new crankshaft and we also bought all new gaskets and rebuilt the top end and had left the engine at a buddy's house who put it together and we put it in the bike and I had left it sitting for about a month or two before I started messing with it again because it had a very simple carb problem that I couldn't figure out but I got it fixed and I tried kicking it and it wouldn't start for the life if me and I kicked it everyday for about a week or so and then it started once i had it going for about 5 sec then it bogged down and died I tried to give it more gas but it died I was not riding it, it was on a stand then me and my brother tried pop starting it and it started but it wouldn't shift into second gear and then died we later took the exhaust off and dumped water out of it so we bought new rings for spit and tried again and also replaced the clutch. After all that was installed we tried to start it and it had no compression and there was water in it again and when you try to kick start it in neutral it has no compression and has no resistance and when you put it in gear and try to pop start it it will move the cylinder but it won't even try to start it rolls and ik there's gas getting to it there may not be spark nut I'll buy a new park plug and see but for right now I wanted to see if y'all had any suggestions on what could be wrong

i had recently got a 1991 rm125 from a dude that was riding it to us and it siezed on the way so he gave it to us for free so we took the engine apart and the crankshaft had gotten so hot it expanded and got deformed and the crankshaft bearings were in pieces so we bought a new crankshaft and we also bought all new gaskets and rebuilt the top end and had left the engine at a buddy's house who put it together and we put it in the bike and I had left it sitting for about a month or two before I started messing with it again because it had a very simple carb problem that I couldn't figure out but I got it fixed and I tried kicking it and it wouldn't start for the life if me and I kicked it everyday for about a week or so and then it started once i had it going for about 5 sec then it bogged down and died I tried to give it more gas but it died I was not riding it, it was on a stand then me and my brother tried pop starting it and it started but it wouldn't shift into second gear and then died we later took the exhaust off and dumped water out of it so we bought new rings for spit and tried again and also replaced the clutch. After all that was installed we tried to start it and it had no compression and there was water in it again and when you try to kick start it in neutral it has no compression and has no resistance and when you put it in gear and try to pop start it it will move the cylinder but it won't even try to start it rolls and ik there's gas getting to it there may not be spark nut I'll buy a new park plug and see but for right now I wanted to see if y'all had any suggestions on what could be wrong

Huh?

This would be more fun to watch than following the path of a set of jumper cables at a Cinco de Mayo celabration, where I came from.

Floyd's cousin from N arkansas realized his atv would quit filling up with water if he stopped parking it in the creek. Where do you leave yours?

Well it's in my garage run and no that was not used as a bong but I'll check if it was And I have taken the head off and put it on multiple times to check but I might just bring it to a shop and have them take care of it

I agree with Myhilo33,
Completely unintelligible. Kid's these days just don't know proper punctuation, grammar, spelling, etc.
They think everything is a text message and have no real writing (one of the 3 R's) knowledge. Very sad.
Us knowledgeable people have to read this sort of thing 5-6 times just to understand what is going on. By that time we say "sorry, learn to write, come see us when you can write coherently and cohesively", and tune out.
We just dont have the time to DECIPHER your code, because that's what it is, and that's what it takes. It certainly is not language.

Last edited:
Okay, maybe I was being a dick there? ...I dont think so, but lets start with the basics;
Does it have compression?
Does it have fuel?
Does it have a strong spark, at the right time?

Try to use commas, and periods in your response. It's much easier for us to know what your actually trying to convey if you do, otherwise were guessing. And that wont help your situation.

Last edited:
It has fuel, that's all I know it has for sure. I will buy a new spark plug, and try to do a compression test. Also I'm sorry for such shitty typing, if I knew I was going to be critiqued I would have put some punctuation in it and commas.

It has fuel, that's all I know it has for sure. I will buy a new spark plug, and try to do a compression test. Also I'm sorry for such shitty typing, if I knew I was going to be critiqued I would have put some punctuation in it and commas.

Back before computers and cell phones, where hand written text was the primary means of communicating, people took great care in what they wrote and how they wrote. If you learn anything in life remember this, "words matter".
Take good care in conjicating the proper sentence to best describe what you are trying to convey. This time will not go unrewarded as the response will also have meaning and value to both the author and reader alike.
Best regards,
M33

Well it's in my garage run and no that was not used as a bong but I'll check if it was And I have taken the head off and put it on multiple times to check but I might just bring it to a shop and have them take care of it

Yeah, it would be a great way to spend as much as the bike is worth and learn a lot at the same time. Like the shortest way to the shop, where their coke machine is, and how to scrounge up the money. Or a guy could get the manual and learn some things like how to check the head for being warped etc. Just pick what you want to be in the future and act accordingly.

So is there any new info on the compression test. How about spark?