Riding North of Fresno

Finally had a free weekend after 3 months and was able to hit the trail. A couple of buddies and I headed out early as it was supposed to hit just shy of 100 today in the valley. Found a nice spot and got geared up.

DSCN05342284.jpg

Pay no attention to the man in spandex.

This was only the 2nd time I had been in this area but it's awesome. A lot of tight trees, rocks, and loose climbs. Really fun terrain.

DSCN05382288.jpg

One of the guys with us has ridden for years but never this kind of trails. He was more comfortable in the desert so it took him a bit to get used to this.

DSCN05392289.jpg

Some of the trails got thrashed with the late season heavy rain/snow but it was still a blast.

DSCN05452295.jpg

At one point we were riding down a technical rocky section and I looked down just in time to see a 4" diameter log kick up and hit my pipe straight on from the front. All of the sudden my bike was super loud and I was thrilled. :banghead: I climbed off and started crawling around to see what had happened and found this:

DSCN05472297.jpg

No new damage on the pipe, no broken bolts or springs, O-rings were not torn, and the copper washers were still there. 5 minutes later and we were back at it. I love easy trail repairs.

After that we hit some big granite slabs and some more tight trails. I was able to practice some log crossings, hit some STEEP decents and ascents, and even found some mud. (I hate mud)

We put on 31 miles and no one got hurt. Pretty good day and I'm ready to go back. Heres the last couple from a snack break. Love getting on top of some of these mountains.

DSCN05482298.jpg

DSCN05522302.jpg

DSCN05502300.jpg

I was wondering if that was anyone from here. You guys were the only bikes we saw. I was surprised at all of the car traffic on the service roads though.

You must make it in there before me and buzz it all up... The other local areas had alot last year and I didn't remember as much in the heart of the riding area?

Last year Miami was real bad. I think we still had a foot of snow on the ground this time last year :noidea: