Ride Engineering Clamps

Hey Guys, we are trying to push the Ride Engineering clamps because they work! We are way way less $ than the competition and we are wondering who would you order from if given the choice?
BTO for $431 or PSJ for $360?

http://www.powersportjunkie.com/Ride-Engineering-Triple-Clamps-s/1499.htm

We are hearing that they are selling like hotcakes and we are selling only a few a week. Crazy thing is those guys don't stock them!

Don't they also make a low profile steering damper? Been thinking about getting one of those.

They offer the OEM Showa damper that comes stock on the Honda. They make all their triple clamps to accept that damper. You just have to buy the mount that bolts to the steering neck on the frame. It is a really trick set up.

James

Staff member
They offer the OEM Showa damper that comes stock on the Honda. They make all their triple clamps to accept that damper. You just have to buy the mount that bolts to the steering neck on the frame. It is a really trick set up.
So how much are we looking at for this package? Is the damper adjustable (doesn't have to be on-the-fly)?

So how much are we looking at for this package? Is the damper adjustable (doesn't have to be on-the-fly)?

The Damper is Adjustable, But definitely not on the fly. It mounts behind the number plate so you have to remove the front number plate to get to it.

They offer one piece bar mounts as well. Or you can use the stock ones.

What offset and color are you looking for? You have a KX 250F right? I don't remember the year.

James

Staff member
The Damper is Adjustable, But definitely not on the fly. It mounts behind the number plate so you have to remove the front number plate to get to it.

They offer one piece bar mounts as well. Or you can use the stock ones.

What offset and color are you looking for? You have a KX 250F right? I don't remember the year.
Perfect, that's extra low profile.

Whatever's the cheapest.

It's an 08 KX250F.

I'm assuming that they only offer a 22mm offset?

They offer a 20 MM and 22 MM offset. They offer them in Black, Green, Polished Aluminum. They are also making a "special" run of blue clamps. The blue ones are 20 bucks more I believe.

James

Staff member
They offer a 20 MM and 22 MM offset. They offer them in Black, Green, Polished Aluminum. They are also making a "special" run of blue clamps. The blue ones are 20 bucks more I believe.
Dang, going from a 24.5mm to 20mm that's a lot. Any idea how much that would change the cornering?

Also which years would this one fit on (in case I get a new bike)?

They fit 2006-2012.

Obviously the 20 MM clamps will make it turn much quicker. The way they are designed though they don't increase head shake. Plus with a damper you should be ok. That is if you are ok with the faster turning. I will call them today and ask what they sell more of the 20 or the 22 offset and see what they have in stock right now.

James

Staff member
They fit 2006-2012.

Obviously the 20 MM clamps will make it turn much quicker. The way they are designed though they don't increase head shake. Plus with a damper you should be ok. That is if you are ok with the faster turning. I will call them today and ask what they sell more of the 20 or the 22 offset and see what they have in stock right now.
Turning is one of the Kawi's biggest issues. :bonk: Yeah the damper should offset any head shake. :thumb:

Could you please PM me a price on the 20mm polished and a damper?
Is that what stock is? If not then will it improve or hinder the quick cornering of the Zook?
Smaller off set typically improves cornering, however not sure if it takes away from something else.

Turning is one of the Kawi's biggest issues. :bonk: Yeah the damper should offset any head shake. :thumb:

Could you please PM me a price on the 20mm polished and a damper?

Smaller off set typically improves cornering, however not sure if it takes away from something else.

Another way to improve handling is to put one of their lowering links on. It changes the rising rate of the shock. Which puts it higher in the stroke for a more plush ride. It also keeps the bike driving forward in off camber turns instead of the rear wheel coming out from under you. The lowering link also keeps the rear end down over braking bumps so you don't get that wheel chatter, and it keeps the bike straight and true in the whoops instead of it bouncing left to right.

The link is an option for the Suzuki and its cheaper. James they only offer a KX link for an 09 and up.:doh:. We are putting a lowering link on our desert bike.

James

Staff member
Another way to improve handling is to put one of their lowering links on. It changes the rising rate of the shock. Which puts it higher in the stroke for a more plush ride. It also keeps the bike driving forward in off camber turns instead of the rear wheel coming out from under you. The lowering link also keeps the rear end down over braking bumps so you don't get that wheel chatter, and it keeps the bike straight and true in the whoops instead of it bouncing left to right.

The link is an option for the Suzuki and its cheaper. James they only offer a KX link for an 09 and up.:doh:. We are putting a lowering link on our desert bike.
Yeah a different link was also on my list of things to check out. :thumb:

So they don't have one that will work with an 08?

Edit: Might have to go with the Pro Circuit Linkage arm
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/2008-kawasaki-kx250f--PRO-CIRCUIT-LINKAGE-ARM