150F/230F replacing plastics

Do you guys know if other years of the crf150f plastic kits would fit the 2003? I'm finding some plastic kits for 2007 to 2009 or newer but not the older ones. I did find individual pieces by maier but they are considerably more expensive. I just want to replace them with stock color. Although I do like the look of all black I think I want to keep the bike red and white.

My husband's idea is to just sell the bike down the road and get a newer year but same bike. :thumb:

I am thinking though when I'm a better rider if the 150r would be a decent trail bike with some mods ... it's a lot lighter.

depends on the trails, in the open desert or such it'd be fine, but it will need a lot more care than the F
I wouldn't recommend it if technical trails are your thing.

On the plastics, I dunno, I bought Meier for my TTR125L, expensive and the fit was shit.

It's way faster without plastics anyway. I have the same issue with an '03 - hard to find plastics. Since the last time my brother-in-law whiskey throttled into Huck's Corn Patch, and scraped up the front fender, I've just parked the bike. It's the only sensible thing to do. :thumb:

The number plates on the side are hanging by a thread. Tank shrouds are decent. Rear and front fenders are gashed up pretty good. We have an acquaintance that had a graphics business that's pricing OEM plastics for us. Supposedly can get them a little cheaper we will see...

I would be interesting to get some side panels and see how far off they are. does the seat have a different part number?
Not sure I will check that out soon.to me the whole back end of the bike from seat to side panels just don't look like a good fit.