remington 870 vs benelli nova

I have a remington 870 express right now. If I get another 870 it will be the super magnum. As for the Benelli I don't know if the supernova is worth the extra money. I love the gun but it doesnt have a 3 1/2" chamber it only shoots 3" shells. I hunt geese so a 3 1/2" chamber is a must. The gun I am going to get is going to be my all pourpose shotgun. This means it has to be durable and comfortable. I am going to buy a full choke and then once I get the money I will also buy a slug barrel to hunt deer with. I was loving the idea and looks of the remington 887 but the reviews are so mixed I am not going to test it. The 870 and the Nova has had nothing but good reviews. I would like to know which you guys prefer and why? What are the good and bad or each gun.... Thanks for reading my novel!

I have 3 870's .... Absolutely flawless guns. I've only ever had one issue with one of my 870's. It came from the factory with a faulty spring in the mechanism. And Remington rush shipped me a new one, Along with some remington goodys.

And those benelli's are pure slick, I've never owned one but i've shot a few. And they are nice! Just out of my price range.

I owned an 870 and as a kid I hunted with Benelli's for rabbit here on the farm... both great guns. Best gun I ever owned was a Mossberg 12 gauge with 3.5 in chamber and adjustable choke... I think it was a Mossberg custom and it was hands down the best all around Shotgun ever... from wings to bucks it ruled...

I have 3 870's .... Absolutely flawless guns. I've only ever had one issue with one of my 870's. It came from the factory with a faulty spring in the mechanism. And Remington rush shipped me a new one, Along with some remington goodys.

And those benelli's are pure slick, I've never owned one but i've shot a few. And they are nice! Just out of my price range.
Actually the nova costs less than the super magnum haha. I love the design of the benelli too but the 870 is like a GMC Sierra (ol' reliable) and the nova is like the ford raptor super hot, performs well, but we don't know how durable it is.

I owned an 870 and as a kid I hunted with Benelli's for rabbit here on the farm... both great guns. Best gun I ever owned was a Mossberg 12 gauge with 3.5 in chamber and adjustable choke... I think it was a Mossberg custom and it was hands down the best all around Shotgun ever... from wings to bucks it ruled...

I thought you grew up on the Jersey Shore and hunted little Snooki's armed only with a bottle of Patron?

Mossberg's are great guns! I always thought they kicked the crap out of you though. I had a couple 12's and a 20. That 20 gauge was flawless, superb accuracy. Just didn't like shooting clays all day with it.

Mossbeeergggg!! :smirk: I have a mossy 500 and the 835 12's. The 835 is my turkey gun it shoots the 3 1/2 shell and is full choke right out of the box. That gun just shoulders so smooth it aint even funny. I have never shot clays with it but I lurvs that gun like on other.

Mossbeeergggg!! :smirk: I have a mossy 500 and the 835 12's. The 835 is my turkey gun it shoots the 3 1/2 shell and is full choke right out of the box. That gun just shoulders so smooth it aint even funny. I have never shot clays with it but I lurvs that gun like on other.
Is the action smooth and is the gun easy to clean?

I own both. The remmington is by far superior. It is more reliable, comfortable, and an all around use shotgun. The benelli is all plastic, the bolt housing, the stock, the pump. The only steel on them is the barrel. i liked the benelli, but after a few considerations it is now being turned into a room clearing machine. I stripped the sights for bird hunting, stripped the heat shrink plastic finish and painted the whole thing a dark sleek black. cut the barrel to 18 and a half inches. Once the ghost ring sights get in ill post a pic. The 870 is a flawless design that has been around for 150 years and its American made. Don't trade for an Italian made.