Reeds or Flywheel weight?

Reeds or Flywheel weight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What are you looking to achieve? I have power reeds, and used to have a fly wheel weight. Re your current reeds in good condition?

brand new, no gaps when they were put in in September, looked like OEM reeds, looking to get more likeable woods characteristics. Stays running and has better low end

reeds since you do a combo of woods and track... I have only ever heard of you riding track... that I know of.... you can buy steel clutch plates later that will lessen the hit...

reeds since you do a combo of woods and track... I have only ever heard of you riding track... that I know of.... you can buy steel clutch plates later that will lessen the hit...

mine are steel :noidea:
And I posted a vid some time ago of me riding with some friends at Holton trails in MI

mine are steel :noidea:
And I posted a vid some time ago of me riding with some friends at Holton trails in MI

I didnt know you had vid up....
Steels are a good way to go for you....my HO is still for reeds as a 125 needs to spin at a much higher rpm..... maybe go 4-6 teeth higher on the rear just for woods. Then you'll have more power down low, able to maintain that higher rpm at a more controlled pace/speed and then all you need to do is swap sprockets for mx...

I didnt know you had vid up....
Steels are a good way to go for you....my HO is still for reeds as a 125 needs to spin at a much higher rpm..... maybe go 4-6 teeth higher on the rear just for woods. Then you'll have more power down low, able to maintain that higher rpm at a more controlled pace/speed and then all you need to do is swap sprockets for mx...
I can't go 4-6 higher in the rear, it will be hitting the chain slider. It's already a 50, I do need to drop the CS sprocket 1 tooth though.