Reduced engine power

ok some of you guys work on cars and trucks right? Somebody PLEASE make some sense of this for me

55404D09-8070-4913-A060-A05EDAC613BD.jpg

This is my '17 Silverado 1500
Got an email 1. An issue has been detected with your anti lock brakes blah blah and email 2. An issue has been detected with your stabilitrac blah blah
Now why the hell would the engine reduce in power while I'm doing 78mph on the freeway? Doesn't make sense to me. I know the drill, had an 04 that would do this at random and they never figured out why changed sensors relays an dash cluster.. anyway pullover shut down, count to 10 start back up and drive as normal. What the fkn FK is this a safety feature? All I got was apologies from the svc dept at the dealer this morning, but I kept asking why does this feature exist? I don't NEED anti loc brakes or stabilitrac I got along fine without that for years but disabling the motor is the stupidest 'advancement' in car technology I've ever heard. When do you draw the line at which malfunction warrants reducing my engine power?
"Uh oh tailights out and low tire pressure that's dangerous, better shut er down"
That little feature is going to be me killed. Safety my ass.
Just last week I had the oil changed and tires rotated, I have a good guess that ill get a call in a couple hours saying idiot didn't connect a wire properly all fixed good to go sir. Yeah go pull out into traffic and pray the motor doesn't decide to take a nap.

A reason I am not a fan of the new trucks and like my 06. I only heard of this on the diesels myself when the clean diesel fluid is low. Too many sensors in the cars today. I had the engine light come on once when pulling my big azz 5th wheel, but that was the high flow air sensor going south, had it changed, replaced the air filter every 6 months and no issues since.

Hope you figure this out.

What should bother you even more is that your vehicle can be completely hacked, and controlled by another person far away from you. Your engine speed, your steering, your brakes...
Technology is not always a good thing.

I have seen gas engines (6.0 GMC) do this because the throttle pedal assy (fly by wire) was malfunctioning, I have not worked on anything that new (nor do I want too)

Powerstokes do the same thing. you know mine will do about 28 mph in 5th on idle!!

What should bother you even more is that your vehicle can be completely hacked, and controlled by another person far away from you. Your engine speed, your steering, your brakes...
Technology is not always a good thing.

Long line truckers get or can get more or less boost from the home office when the gps signals back that they are going up long grades or approaching the rockies, in altitude etc. Keeps them from overspeeding, spending more in fuel, and of course they can't get three hours ahead and stop at places like Mustang Ranch anymore without it being known.

SRAD97750

Staff member
"Limp-In Mode" or "Limp Home Mode" has been around since the 90's. Relates only to drivetrain components. (engine/trans)
It simply is there to protect the engine. Not the passengers.
If monitoring signals are not within parameters the engine will protect itself. Typically you will lose power and she'll slow to a crawl. I have had this happen on an 1999 thunderbird 4.6l. Reduced to 30mph on the freeway. But it got to the gas station, which is the point. It "limped home." -BIG DAN:thumb:

That should go in the rant thread.
Yeah most of what I have to say does.
They called and said its a fuel rail pressure problem. It's somehow connected to the abs sensor. Whatever. Doesn't make me feel
any better. Makes me wish I still had my 86 custom Silverado extended cab 454 4x4. Had 400k on the chassis and the beast would go anywhere I pointed it. And it didn't think for itself.

Yeah most of what I have to say does.
They called and said its a fuel rail pressure problem. It's somehow connected to the abs sensor. Whatever. Doesn't make me feel
any better. Makes me wish I still had my 86 custom Silverado extended cab 454 4x4. Had 400k on the chassis and the beast would go anywhere I pointed it. And it didn't think for itself.
Eh, not really.
Oh yah, that truck was a beast!

"Limp-In Mode" or "Limp Home Mode" has been around since the 90's. Relates only to drivetrain components. (engine/trans)
It simply is there to protect the engine. Not the passengers.
If monitoring signals are not within parameters the engine will protect itself. Typically you will lose power and she'll slow to a crawl. I have had this happen on an 1999 thunderbird 4.6l. Reduced to 30mph on the freeway. But it got to the gas station, which is the point. It "limped home." -BIG DAN:thumb:
Ls swap :thumb: