Red Bull Stratos project (Space jump)

Not high enough.. hire pastrana :lol: Do it on a tricycle
Any higher and they'd just float away and that would be the end of it haha
But could you imagine how sweet this would be?
The ride up :D
The sight of SPACE AND EARTH :D
Freefalling at supersonic speeds :D:D
I wish I could have just one of the hundreds of great opportunities I see everyday

wasnt this posted here already? or maybe my other forums :noidea:

anyhow i have mixed feelings about this jump. on one hand its bad ass and records are made to be broke on the other hand joseph Kittinger http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kittinger deserves to keep this record. he did this kind of stuff back in the day to for testing purposes and suffered from frost bite and it was a big ordeal.

Definitly not as manly as Kittinger :thumb:
472px-Kittinger-jump.jpg

James

Staff member
wasnt this posted here already? or maybe my other forums :noidea:
Most be one of your other forums. :noidea:

anyhow i have mixed feelings about this jump. on one hand its bad ass and records are made to be broke on the other hand joseph Kittinger http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kittinger deserves to keep this record. he did this kind of stuff back in the day to for testing purposes and suffered from frost bite and it was a big ordeal.
He does deserve a badass award. :thumb:

Just like the Apollo missions back between 69-72, I find it incredible that they were able to land on the moon with what little they had at the time. :shocked: And we now have 6 people living in space full time. :rocker:

1280px-STS-135_final_flyaround_of_ISS_1.jpg

2000px-ISS_configuration_2011-05_en.svg.png

Sorry for steering off course, but does anyone know if they have gravity somehow in there, or if theyre just floating around? I saw something on the discovery channel awhile ago about them working on gravity simulation in spacecrafts (I think they called it haha) Imagine how shitty gravity would be after being weightless for a very extended amount of time :eek:

James

Staff member
Sorry for steering off course, but does anyone know if they have gravity somehow in there, or if theyre just floating around? I saw something on the discovery channel awhile ago about them working on gravity simulation in spacecrafts (I think they called it haha) Imagine how shitty gravity would be after being weightless for a very extended amount of time :eek:
If I understand it right you still have pretty much the same gravity at that height, however little to no oxygen and it's SUPER cold.

If I understand it right you still have pretty much the same gravity at that height, however little to no oxygen and it's SUPER cold.
I meant in the space station. But yeah I bet it is super cold, the tops of the Rocky mountains are snow caps in the summer, and he's waaaay above that.. I'm sure hes not suffering too much in the space suit though haha. Wonder how long it takes to come down?

Its -10 degrees at that level and as he starts the freefall itll hit near -40! And theres barely enough oxygen for human survival..