Husqvarna REbuilding a HUSKY TC510 Please help

hey guys im getting ready to do a top end rebuild on my husk, anyone know were to get decent priced parts?

Here is my parts list :

BOSS, CLUTCH
CLUTCH PLATES SET
SPRING, CLUTCH
GASKET SET, ENGINE
OIL SEAL SET, ENGINE
PISTON ASSY
PIPE, BREATHER
OIL SUCTION ROTOR
SPACER, OIL PUMP ROTOR
LINKAGE BEARING
HOUSING, OIL PUMP

Any help or comments are much appreciated guys thanks!

The only Husky guy that comes to mind here, is Palmer. There was Rez, but all he ever did to his, was change a spark plug, and now that he has a Berg, he doesn't even admit to ever riding one.:noidea: Not to piss off James, but have you dipped your toes in the Cafe Husky forum? I'm sure they won't be as nice as us folks here, but there might be some useful info over there.

James

Staff member
Its a 07 Husky tc 510
:noidea: None of the main parts suppliers (Motosport, RMATV, etc.) seem to carry Husky.
Not to piss off James, but have you dipped your toes in the Cafe Husky forum? I'm sure they won't be as nice as us folks here, but there might be some useful info over there.
:thumb: Dean aka Coffee is probably the only competitor I'd recommend somebody to. Cafe Husky has a different atmosphere though.

forgive my ignorance on the Husky, but if this is a four stroke and you are rebuilding the topend,,, where are the head parts list like valves, timing gears, cams, timing chains, and head work in the list of things your looking at getting done? Looks like you are just putting a piston and clutches in it from the parts you're listing. I would advise to get the head work done while you're in it.

James

Staff member
forgive my ignorance on the Husky, but if this is a four stroke and you are rebuilding the topend,,, where are the head parts list like valves, timing gears, cams, timing chains, and head work in the list of things your looking at getting done? Looks like you are just putting a piston and clutches in it from the parts you're listing. I would advise to get the head work done while you're in it.
Good point, however you can typically go through a few pistons before you need to do head work (valves). I'd probably replace the cam chain regardless though as they stretch.

I'm approaching 50 hrs on my current piston and plan on dropping a new one in this winter, won't do anything with the valves/head though.

Good point, however you can typically go through a few pistons before you need to do head work (valves). I'd probably replace the cam chain regardless though as they stretch.

I'm approaching 50 hrs on my current piston and plan on dropping a new one in this winter, won't do anything with the valves/head though.

Oh,,:thumb: I thought you guys did valve jobs on every rebuild...nevermind then carry on :ride:

James

Staff member
Oh,,:thumb: I thought you guys did valve jobs on every rebuild...nevermind then carry on :ride:
:lol: Hell no!!! I've heard of guys going 150-200 hrs on their valves with zero issues. Just check your clearances every so often and make sure they're within spec.

Heck I know one guy who's supposedly over 100hrs on his piston. :shocked: Just waiting for it to blow. :lol:

:lol: Hell no!!! I've heard of guys going 150-200 hrs on their valves with zero issues. Just check your clearances every so often and make sure they're within spec.

Heck I know one guy who's supposedly over 100hrs on his piston. :shocked: Just waiting for it to blow. :lol:

My 200 had way over 100hrs on the original piston :thumb:

I don't know how many hours my bike had but I know it was still the OEM when I rebuilt topend at the beggining of last summer. 01-10... yep 10 years and I'd say someone was bound to atleast ride 10hrs a year on it. :noidea:

Goerge Erl, Up-tite Husqvarna, Santa Ana, Ca. 714-540-2920 He will be the only one answering the phone.

In your neck of the woods, Tasky's Metric, or Kelly at Motosportz. You will find them all on Cafe.

The OP's bike ... If i remember correctly.. Had a problem with the bottom end... Like breaking a clutch basket or something... And i think hes just going to put a piston and rings in it also...