Rattlesnake Canyon

This was a ride I did in January up Rattlesnake Canyon. The canyon starts as Rattlesnake Canyon Road at the junction of Old Woman Springs Road and is an open OHV road. It is about 2 miles from Bessemer Mine Road (road to Soggy). It ends up the back side of Big Bear and you can ride over to the Crab Flats OHV staging area.

It was a high of 27 that day so factoring in the wind chill of riding I would guess it was probably closer to 20. The water in our camel back bite valve and hoses froze over solid so getting a drink required stopping to thaw it out:foul:Up by the Crab Flats area we were riding in about 1 1/2' of snow. Didn't capture that as this was my first time with the Gopro and I only had a 4GB memory card. Worth about 30 minutes from what I found out:bonk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRTzZ2DHkWo

Right after picking myself back up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho-8Dvie0aM

The first time I did it my other friend didn't have a plated bike. We spent almost 2 hours trying to find our way back down without going back down RSC (stubborn). We had to keep going East when we wanted to go North/West. Finally came out in the middle of Landers just East of Boone. He said "f" it, and we rode the 13 miles of street back to Bessemer cause the sun was setting. 95 miles that day.

This time we spent so much time riding in the snow we didn't have time to go over to Pioneertown. Wanted to but the snow was intriguing/challenging/tiring/gas sucking....:cry:

I wouldnt mind doing RSC again once my bike is dialed in and doesnt over heat in deep sand for long distances. I need to rejet and get a fuel screw.

I love that you are in the middle of the desert but then come up on water in that canyon. Plus, it is so pretty to ride through except, your navigating so intensly you have to stop to really see it well. That water surprised me. Didnt expect it. It makes for good traction when it isnt frozen. That really must of been tiring.

Wish I could of gone Saturday. Saw your pics. I really want to ride that really cool looking narrow canyon you guys did :cry: Is it hard? Like "chick" hard? I know that ride changed up since we didnt show. That ridge video was cool and steep. Cant say I would have had the nerve to try it but, I sure was looking forward to riding somewhere new.

I wouldnt mind doing RSC again once my bike is dialed in and doesnt over heat in deep sand for long distances. I need to rejet and get a fuel screw.

I love that you are in the middle of the desert but then come up on water in that canyon. Plus, it is so pretty to ride through except, your navigating so intensly you have to stop to really see it well. That water surprised me. Didnt expect it. It makes for good traction when it isnt frozen. That really must of been tiring.

Wish I could of gone Saturday. Saw your pics. I really want to ride that really cool looking narrow canyon you guys did :cry: Is it hard? Like "chick" hard? I know that ride changed up since we didnt show. That ridge video was cool and steep. Cant say I would have had the nerve to try it but, I sure was looking forward to riding somewhere new.

I don't think PT had the canyons on the ride list for the co-ed ride. I don't think it is too hard if you just take your time at the sections that require either finesse or brute strength. The interesting part is trying to figure out which one it requires:smirk: I am more of a brute strength kinda rider. I just hit things:crash: The main thing is we all take care of each other:thumb:

I don't think PT had the canyons on the ride list for the co-ed ride. I don't think it is too hard if you just take your time at the sections that require either finesse or brute strength. The interesting part is trying to figure out which one it requires:smirk: I am more of a brute strength kinda rider. I just hit things:crash: The main thing is we all take care of each other:thumb:

:hug::thumb:

Never been to the canyon. Isn't this place the one that is very near to the Rez? Looks like a fun ride, sandy but fun. :thumb:

Yes, not far at all... the first REZride included RSC... where the name El Diablo came from .... remember TIMO??? :smirk:

Going up there in April with some Jeeps. Get that Bronco out of moth balls and join us. :thumb:

:lol:.... :lol:..... :cool:.... maybe! There was a Jeep group when we went up there the last REZride... and anotherone (I assume) going there last weekend... there were roughly 10 coming up 247 I assumed thats where they were headed. :thinking:

:lol:.... :lol:..... :cool:.... maybe! There was a Jeep group when we went up there the last REZride... and anotherone (I assume) going there last weekend... there were roughly 10 coming up 247 I assumed thats where they were headed. :thinking:
Well, last weekend was the KOH weekend so maybe they were gonna go spectate. I was out there on Friday to watch the race. Never been to that event before. Was fun to watch. :thumb:

Well, last weekend was the KOH weekend so maybe they were gonna go spectate. I was out there on Friday to watch the race. Never been to that event before. Was fun to watch. :thumb:

Nah, this was Saturday on my way out... I've been going out there for the past 5 years but didn't go watch this year, a little under the weather... spent all day Thursday hurrying up and waiting as part of the pit team for my freinds son's race team in the every man challenge. Kind of sucks when you spend the entire day + out there and get to see only a small portion of it because you're stuck in the pits or driving from pit to pit... :foul: