Randsburg lost men.

Not What we were al hoping for but at least they can be put to rest. Hope to see a memorial at the Husky soon. God speed brothers, God speed. :ride:

After 48 hours we knew it was coming, so sad.

True, but what really amazes me is they where only a couple miles from the SAR command post and took them 4 days to find them. I know how the desert is a place to respect and there are plenty of opportunities to get lost but at 4 days I would have thought mine shaft not ravine. :thinking:
Still tragic and wrong time of the year to have to live with loss.

It does seem a little long before they were found considering they wernt that far from Randsburg and not in a mine shaft. But why would you head out to Gov. Peak? Of all places to take off and ride to at night:naughty:

Poor judgement on many levels but that is besides the point. We have all made poor judgements at times. This is just a reminder of the importance of taking proper safety measures before and when you ride. For me it is a strong reminder of how lucky I was on my last ride. I was alone. I loved it, but alone AND I broke down. I was damn lucky! I left a note on a windshield of my route, took my phone and when I broke down I called for help to my Son and his friends riding at a track near by. I was lucky I wasnt busted up or out of cell range. It was stupid of me. I allowed my desire to ride override my logic. I do enjoy riding alone at times. I like the peace and freedom however, Im going to try hard to resist doing it ever again. I've said this before, but I really hope to follow through this time.

Godspeed Dan and Chris. I will think of these young men every time I ride in that area or look at Gov. Peak.

when i ride alone i ride totally different then when im with people. I also only ride high traffic area's(corral canyon) I dont think i have ever rode and not seen someone out there. I also try to meet up with anyone i see and join their ride so im no longer solo. Same deal tho the wife knows the area i am riding and a time frame.

Eventually i want to get a Spot.

Thats sad, they did nothing to cause it too :( A cliff edge gave out and caused them both to lose their lifes. My condolences for their families, they will remain in my prayers.