Quck Release Seat Pin

:thumb: Nice work. I do have two questions:

1. What keeps the seat cover from ripping now that you have cut it under the washer?
2. Is the pin and bolt under the fender out of the way of the rear tire when you bottom out and the tire hits the bottom of the fender?

:cheers:

1. pressure, I hope. The pin is pressed down pretty hard into the seat with the tension pin on the back of the seat. I can only hope it doesn't start tearing but there are already some small tears in our seats already from small get offs, so if they haven't been spreading I can't see these doing it either.

2. I was concerned with that initially my self but I don't see any marks on the fenders from the tires in that area so I don't think the tire is bottoming out there.

CDA;61916:
:thumb: Nice work. I do have two questions:

1. What keeps the seat cover from ripping now that you have cut it under the washer?
2. Is the pin and bolt under the fender out of the way of the rear tire when you bottom out and the tire hits the bottom of the fender?

:cheers:

Ol' El Diablo has that... the pin Husky used is rather short...don't have to worry about it rubbing the tire...As for the home made version...I'll have to look at it again!

Why do you need to take the seat off so quickly anyway? Mine is held on with one allen screw and it takes me about 20 seconds to remove the seat. :thinking:

530ktm;62065:
Why do you need to take the seat off so quickly anyway? Mine is held on with one allen screw and it takes me about 20 seconds to remove the seat. :thinking:

Ahhhh but first you have to find the tool...:shocked:

I don't have to take it off that quick...mine came that way! :smirk:

ahh, I don't have to, but I had two allen bolts on mine as does my boys bike. One of my seat brackets broke so I had to do something, Ebay had used seats from 70-100 bucks, :shocked: plus always digging through the damn took box trying to fine that one allen wrench that fits it, but now I don't have to. I can pull my seat and filter and clean the filter then reinstall it all without a single tool. Not a have too, but nicer :thumb:

That is a great idea man. There is no need for me to try it since I have a side hatch for my air filter, but i'll pass the word around to some friends with 2 strokes if you dont mind. :thumb: