pre-ride stretches

im going riding next Saturday for the first time in forever, other than excessive hydration, does anyone have any workout, or stretching recommendations?

I dont wanna feel like I got a crap kicked out of me after riding, thats my goal.

SRAD97750

Staff member
My back is the most important stretch for me.
I do all the stretches from HS wrestling, seems to limber me up the most. -BIG DAN:thumb:

im going riding next Saturday for the first time in forever, other than excessive hydration, does anyone have any workout, or stretching recommendations?

I dont wanna feel like I got a crap kicked out of me after riding, thats my goal.

I don't ever do any stretching before a ride, but I use a kidney belt, and it seems to help me considerably in the area of my lower back in the crap kicked out of me department.

I just do regular gym class stretches and try to rotate my arms shoulders and hips. This gets the blood flowing into these joints and prelubes them.

I don't know about just a trail ride, but if you finish a race and you're not tired, you did it wrong.