South Powderhouse fire

Another fire is creating lots of trouble in the Angeles Nat'l forest that borders the Eastern edge of the LPNF. I'm sure most of you in So Cal can see the smoke. We have plenty of smoke here at the house with ash also. Even though I have never been there before, I am assuming a lot of Rowher has burned? Msgt. Ron, chip in here. For those of you that have ridden in the area of Lake Hughes and Lake Elizabeth, there has been damage with loss of some structures. The Rock house is still alive from what I have heard but the fire has burned all around it. I shiver to think we are not even to summer yet and we have had this many burned areas and acres. It will be an interesting summer. Sun, don't you have friends very close to this fire?

Powderhouse is probably a better name describing the fire activity, but the name is Powerhouse. The fire started right at one of the aqueduct power buildings. Perhaps a bill to be paid by the Los Angeles Dept of Water and Power.

At about 11:30 last night I heard some reports that the Rock Inn had burned. The owners have since posted on face book that the Rock Inn has not burned. This fire will be hard to get a handle on now that it has grown to 20,000 acres.

So far the fire has been primarily on the west of San Francisquito. Only some OHV dirt roads on that side. Drinkwater and Rowher have not burned.

Yesterday's developments seemed to have caught everyone pretty much off guard. There is hardly any hard info available. Here is a map that I was able to find this morning. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tqwv4yqbbi4ctnq/w-c1ahY8yl/20130602_Powerhouse_IR_map_11x17.pdf

While the real action is in Lake Hughes and Lake Elisabeth, it may soon be Leona Valley and Green Valley once again. From what I've been able to hear on the scanner structure protection is staging in Castaic and the West side of Lancaster. The fire is a bit further from the north edge of Santa Clarita where I live, but the right wind and I'll be evacuated.

Powderhouse is probably a better name describing the fire activity, but the name is Powerhouse. The fire started right at one of the aqueduct power buildings. Perhaps a bill to be paid by the Los Angeles Dept of Water and Power.

At about 11:30 last night I heard some reports that the Rock Inn had burned. The owners have since posted on face book that the Rock Inn has not burned. This fire will be hard to get a handle on now that it has grown to 20,000 acres.

So far the fire has been primarily on the west of San Francisquito. Only some OHV dirt roads on that side. Drinkwater and Rowher have not burned.

Yesterday's developments seemed to have caught everyone pretty much off guard. There is hardly any hard info available. Here is a map that I was able to find this morning. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tqwv4yqbbi4ctnq/w-c1ahY8yl/20130602_Powerhouse_IR_map_11x17.pdf

While the real action is in Lake Hughes and Lake Elisabeth, it may soon be Leona Valley and Green Valley once again. From what I've been able to hear on the scanner structure protection is staging in Castaic and the West side of Lancaster. The fire is a bit further from the north edge of Santa Clarita where I live, but the right wind and I'll be evacuated.
Usually I am the one giving people a hard time for spelling. :busted: I thought you were fairly close to it. You are on the upper end of the valley there, somewhere off Copper Hill? This one is gonna go on a while, especially with all the wind out there in the Antelope Valley.

Usually I am the one giving people a hard time for spelling. :busted: I thought you were fairly close to it. You are on the upper end of the valley there, somewhere off Copper Hill? This one is gonna go on a while, especially with all the wind out there in the Antelope Valley.
About a mile north of Seco and Copper Hill.

No smoke visible at all on the south side today. I think this fire might be about done. It will still take a week to get a line all the way around it so the fire fighters still have a lot of work to do.

The closure is in. Everything from San Francisquito to the 5. Rowher is good. Drinkwater is open except the staging area and the very start of the trail are in the closure area. Hoping that is a mistake.

About a mile north of Seco and Copper Hill.

No smoke visible at all on the south side today. I think this fire might be about done. It will still take a week to get a line all the way around it so the fire fighters still have a lot of work to do.

The closure is in. Everything from San Francisquito to the 5. Rowher is good. Drinkwater is open except the staging area and the very start of the trail are in the closure area. Hoping that is a mistake.
Wow you were really close to the start of the fire. Glad it burned the other way. I also think the worst of this is done. Just in time for more heat by the weekend.