Possible GoPro Killer

http://www.liquidimageco.com/products/offroad/

liquid image is making a goggle camera.
ihd_b_1.jpg

only have 720p models right now but says the 1080p which also will have 720p @60fps will be out in the fall.

This is a camera i will be keeping my eye on.

Edit: here are some specs for the HD one...
ihd1080.gif

im seeing $250.00 for the 720p one that is available now. There is no price on the site for the 1080p one that comes out in the fall. I think one of the vids said something about 400 for that one tho.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I'll keep my eyes peeled for this one.... I may actually buy something NEW, if this is as good as the gopro.... -BIG DAN

hmm... i think i go through goggles to much for this...lol. i'm interested in seeing what the inside of the goggle looks like as far as any lights or anything on the inside, don't want to end up crosseyed like on The Jerk...lol

James

Staff member
Killer? No. Competitor? Sort of.

I saw these goggles in a trade show video awhile back and that was also the first thing I thought (GoPro/Contour killer) That's until I stopped and actually thought about it. IMO one of the reasons that the GoPro is so popular is the fact that it has so many mounting options available (and their advertising blitz). With the goggles you're only limited to the front "goggle view", plus you can only use that camera in sports that use goggles (motocross, snowboarding, etc). I don't see the surfers, auto racing, skateboarding, BMX, etc. guys using this. :noidea: Also with it being $250 I'd rather spend the extra $50 and just get the GoPro.

:thinking: Those snow goggles would be kind of nice for a stealthy snowboarding camera though.

Edit: I did notice a surf and motorsports camera marked as coming soon, wonder what those will look like?

yea killer is a bit of a stretch... i was just trying to have a witty thread title.
as for the surfing and what not... its prolly just these
freestyle_2.jpg

still ive heard several people say they only want the gopro for just the top of the helmet. If thats all you want out of a camera these goggles are the win. not having to worry about it getting snagged on a branch and all.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I think in combination with another camera such as the GoPro mounted to the bike or perhaps a reverse shot, would work nicely.
I have used the same goggles for 2 years. Still going strong.
We'll see how they turn out on the "used" market. -BIG DAN