Plastic scuffs

Pretty much all the scuffs on my bike is from the ground running into it, as for your question, you can use fine grit sandpaper like you said, it's going to dull the finish though, you can try this liquid polish also made by Mothers. It works best on plastic headlamp lenses, but ok on bike plastic, this will help bring back some of the finish. Or you can just slap on some decals and number plate backgrounds to hide it. Or be like me and just show all your battle wounds……for character.

heat gun, sand paper and a razor blade. first use the razor blade to flatten the deep cuts by running the blade backwards across them. dont face the blade into the scrape, but away from the scrape. that will flatten out any deep cuts. gently sand the surface with the finest grit sandpaper you can find to to make the plastic even all around. after that wash the plastics to get rid of all the dust and sand. once the plastic dries apply heat with the heat gun on the low setting until the color in the plastic starts to come back. dont hold the gun over one spot for too long or you will have more problems to fix. after the color is restored, take any style wax you prefer and buff it up for a nice shine. It takes a while to get good at, so if you have an old plastic to practice on i suggest you do that. I dont have any pictures handy, otherwise id show you how well it works, GOOD LUCK! :thumb:

novus sells some compounds that I have used to get the shine back, if you arent happy with polish. after that I use something like turtle wax. after a ride some pretty sad plastic looks about the same as before it was damaged.