All places to ride

doea anybody know any general areas to ride a red tag 2 stroke outside of "season"...prefferable great terrain thats not all dry and hardpacked? or even just parks that dont care...

SRAD97750

Staff member
We have the dez, and it's hot.
All motocross parks are year round red sticker legal.
I'd suggest the san bernardino national forest OHV system, but it recently burnt to the ground.
-BIG DAN

Alaska, don't listen to Eskimo dick...

I have no idea where Crows Landing is but you started a convo in CA forum. So CalShitty is year around, then there are a few others also... Just the dez is to hot still unless you do early morning, late evening.
pardon my idiocy lol whats year around mean? i thought parks were seasonal like sep.1-may or sumthing like that...isnt year around like all year? the parks ive been looking at (la grange, carnegie (just cuz theyre closest to me (modesto/turlock/patterson 2 hrs south from sacramento) are under the season thing...which parks are all year? if its not too much trouble can u give me a list of kool beginner type track type parks where i can learn jumps and stuff..i usually just ride canal banks around my house but im sick of riding flat hard packed sand type terrain...

oh and ill also add in addition to above, if all places/parks are seasonal for red tag, how does one go about making their bike green tag? ive seen a few 2 strokes that are green tag and im like wtf?? is there mods that can be done that dont affect performance (other than just being lame haha)

SRAD97750

Staff member
oh and ill also add in addition to above, if all places/parks are seasonal for red tag, how does one go about making their bike green tag? ive seen a few 2 strokes that are green tag and im like wtf?? is there mods that can be done that dont affect performance (other than just being lame haha)
The line is drawn regarding 'emissions' when sold.
Anything ~2003 and older that cannot be/isn't street plated, is a green sticker.
After ~2003 they use 'emissions' as the arbitrary dividing line. Some 2Ts are green, some are red. Some 4Ts are green, some are red. :noidea:
A OHV cannot swap between red/green in CA.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Yes, all year. Problem is Calshitty has their own sticker system so red green means notta. Tracks are the places to learn jumps, and for a fee per day, they are mostly open all year long.

And yes, dans post is spotted dick on.

Yes, all year. Problem is Calshitty has their own sticker system so red green means notta. Tracks are the places to learn jumps, and for a fee per day, they are mostly open all year long.

And yes, dans post is spotted dick on.
r u from cali too?? any particular tracks u recommend?

r u from cali too?? any particular tracks u recommend?
Can't you tell from my smart ass comments, my RJ avatar, and anything else that gives it away? :smirk: I will soon be an Arizonian, after 55 years in Socal, and a year stint in Hawaii to grow the paka-lolo. :devil:
Stopped track when realized I didn't want to break any bones late 70's-early 80's. I'm in so cal and my son like milestone. You'll need to figure out what's in your area. Most places have 3-5 tracks, beginner-intermediate-pro-main-super cross-quad/sideXside.. They may name them differently. But just look in your local google. :thumb: