piston?

what are the two vent like holes in the old piston for?? does it allow more fumes out? uploadfromtaptalk1389919847596.jpg

and what ye think of the old and new ring.? iv one on top of the other to show the difference in the ring gap ..its level on the left side uploadfromtaptalk1389920001677.jpg

SRAD97750

Staff member
what are the two vent like holes in the old piston for?? does it allow more fumes out? View attachment 19730
Just part of the power valve and porting design of the engine. Helps pump that exhaust/intake.

and what ye think of the old and new ring.? iv one on top of the other to show the difference in the ring gap ..its level on the left side View attachment 19731
Measure that Ring end gap in the cylinder.

i fell there isn't the same kick off the powerband since i put the new piston in..but don't take my word for it..it might be nothing to do with the ports/vents//holes :cool:

What was the old piston and what did you replace it with?

OEMs are usually lighter than standard Wiseco replacements causing a good hit, however Wiseco Lite pistons are lighter yet which will allow the motor to spool up faster.... Wiseco should have the intake slots in the piston as well.... FYI Wiseco Lite piston with the Wiseco wristpin and bearing are way lighter than if you use the OEM bearing and pin...