pismo dunes :banana:

well my buddy had a job interview up in Cambria so we loaded up the bikes so we could ride the dunes afterwards since it's 3 hours away... don't have many riding pics cause nither of us really likes to stop and take pics, we'd rather just dune but i got a few of the dunes and ocean. hope you guys enjoy!

on the way outta the valley heat:
cf72dc27.jpg

Cambria Beach (a whole 40 degrees cooler) :banana:
ff5afbe6.jpg

335547a4.jpg

Pismo Dunes:
fe7d6eaf.jpg

673e3d8c.jpg

e1f963ff.jpg

349ccfb8.jpg

hmm... sitting here at home wondering if we wanna spend another $100 to get over there... my buddy had to come back for pay day today so i'm trying to convience him cause i'm broke! lol... if we do i'll try and get some better shots cause theres more people we know over there now

Pismo is nice to see and experience and I have been there on a bike before. The sand dunes are not my favorite to ride a bike on but I bet Geek would love them. :lol:

Cool shots. I like the moster truck and the bikes standing alone in the stand with all the haulers in the background. It has been a while since I have been on the beach at Pismo. They used to have a race there every year around this time. I always wanted to go up there to check it out but never did.

Cool shots. I like the moster truck and the bikes standing alone in the stand with all the haulers in the background. It has been a while since I have been on the beach at Pismo. They used to have a race there every year around this time. I always wanted to go up there to check it out but never did.
yeah i used to race it when it was part of WORCS but they just did it 2 years then a private company put it on the next year.

i got so much flak from the annoucer for wearing my zip offs but hey it was the beach! lol...
SCAN0002.jpg

HPIM0334.jpg

HPIM0331.jpg

HPIM0329.jpg

HPIM0327.jpg

HPIM0326.jpg

HPIM0322.jpg

HPIM0320.jpg

HPIM0316.jpg

HPIM0315.jpg

HPIM0314.jpg

HPIM0311.jpg

HPIM0310.jpg

HPIM0307.jpg

HPIM0305.jpg

HPIM0302.jpg

HPIM0290.jpg

awesome video of the race... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shcwrahf9zE

I'm not sold on Pismo. anywhere that there are crowds, quads, and no real trail system with blind sand dunes makes me nervous. something like the following could happen... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW3z3V8cziQ

yeah theres always the risk of something like that happening but that was insane... specally if he was part of their group. my buddy and i always scout out spots and one of us sits on top and gives the thumbs up if theres no one coming, if we're just ripping accross the dunes we won't air out anything.

Nice shots Red:thumb: get out there and get some air son :banana:
thanks man :cheers: we tried to find some cool stuff but all we found were some little like 15' step ups and then we saw some guys that found a nice step up/turn down that i hit a couple times but couldn't get the speed without the paddle. Did find about 150' double too but i didn't feel like getting airlifted out... need to call up Johnny Air Time for that one!

Pismo is nice to see and experience and I have been there on a bike before. The sand dunes are not my favorite to ride a bike on but I bet Geek would love them. :lol:
yeah it's a nice spot to just go and hang out... the riding is there if you know how to scout out dunes but it's mostly a spot to take the fam and get outta the heat and eat a bowl or two of clam chowder :thumb:

yeah i used to race it when it was part of WORCS but they just did it 2 years then a private company put it on the next year.

i got so much flak from the annoucer for wearing my zip offs but hey it was the beach! lol...
SCAN0002.jpg

HPIM0334.jpg

HPIM0331.jpg

HPIM0329.jpg

HPIM0327.jpg

HPIM0326.jpg

HPIM0322.jpg

HPIM0320.jpg

HPIM0316.jpg

HPIM0315.jpg

HPIM0314.jpg

HPIM0311.jpg

HPIM0310.jpg

HPIM0307.jpg

HPIM0305.jpg

HPIM0302.jpg

HPIM0290.jpg

awesome video of the race... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shcwrahf9zE

Great pics! That is a nice one of you in shorts:smirk: and :Pto the annoucer. So do they have two classes? One paddle and one none paddle? It seems to me that would make a big diff or does it?:noidea: Have you even gone to the Cracked Crab up there? One of my favorite restuarants up there. And the Steaming Bean in Shell beach for Lattes. Except I cant afford:naughty: those drinks anymore! I'd rather have a new qt. of oil for my bike.