Parts for a panterra 125?

new around here, so please be gentle... :)

Bought a 125cc panterra, for rambling around the farm, nothing strenuous. It runs well but needs some TLC...missing some of the plastic, fender is beat up, etc. I know panterra parts are hard/impossible to find, what other plastics would fit? What about a light kit?

Thanks in advance :)

SRAD97750

Staff member
Welcome! Welcome!
Post up some photos of this beast!

It is a generic china bike and searches on ebay and such will render the best results by searching "chinese 125." You will have to eyeball it for correct fit. They are all slightly different.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Thanks for the advice! I'll try searching for Chinese 125.

I should probably mention that it was also very, very inexpensive haha...

http://tinypic.com/r/sg2u6p/8

(And yes, it is in my dining room. Next destination is my friend's shop, where we can tinker with it, but it ended up in the house for the night...whoops)

Pros are, it starts on the first kick and runs through all the gears smoothly. Nothing leaks.

Issues are...missing a lot of random bolts, like half of the ones on the remaining plastic, the ones to hold the air filter on, etc. Has the automatic start but it needs a battery. Desperately needs an oil change I'm guessing. Rear brakes are great, but front brakes seem sticky. According to the previous owner, it used to have some lights and gauges, but those were all stripped off at some point.

Anyone had one of these bikes or worked on one?

SRAD97750

Staff member
Thanks for the advice! I'll try searching for Chinese 125.
I should probably mention that it was also very, very inexpensive haha...

Pros are, it starts on the first kick and runs through all the gears smoothly. Nothing leaks.
Issues are...missing a lot of random bolts, like half...
Anyone had one of these bikes or worked on one?
I have many china bikes and you have clearly outlined the pros and cons above.
The engines run forever... and every single chassis bolt will snap off, wiggle out, waller-out holes, combust, rust, strip, and/or bend.
Have Fun! Fun per dollar doesn't come cheaper! -BIG DAN:thumb:

I bought mine for $100 and it was in mint condition only missing the front plastic and the fender, I put a CRF 150f universal fender on and it worked fine