Pagoda MX ride report

Lymes Disease sucks!:rant: :foul:
Got my ass handed to me by guys that I was killing by 40secs last year. Forgot my Gopro, the camera batteries took a crap... :picard:
I was exhausted just unloading the bike... I couldn't gel worth a damn today until the last session or 2 and I was finally stickin corners... I still couldnt commit to any of the big jumps.... :sissy:

The bike did run extremely well and my buddy payed for my practice so it wasn't a total loss...

Pagoda is a really great track and their "dirt crew" is one of the best in the business. We had about 10" of loam, track rutted up nice too...

it till doesnt change the fact that Lymes disease sucks...:foul:

Sounds like a nice but tiring day for you. Sometimes you have off days riding. Lately I've been having more chicken out moments. But I also think those are the times your game is off and your gut says no. Not that I EVER in my life have hit a big jump. But just challenges on the trail like stream crossings hill climbs or rock sections, especially if I have never done them before. Then you have those days where your dialed in from the get go and want to hit everything and your kicking ass.

How long have you had Lymes? That must really suck. How do they treat that? How long before you found out you had it?

It least you got out doors and got on the bike:ride: Dont be so hard on yourself.

Sounds like a nice but tiring day for you. Sometimes you have off days riding. Lately I've been having more chicken out moments. But I also think those are the times your game is off and your gut says no. Not that I EVER in my life have hit a big jump. But just challenges on the trail like stream crossings hill climbs or rock sections, especially if I have never done them before. Then you have those days where your dialed in from the get go and want to hit everything and your kicking ass.

How long have you had Lymes? That must really suck. How do they treat that? How long before you found out you had it?

It least you got out doors and got on the bike:ride: Dont be so hard on yourself.

I was 1st suspecting it last year about this time, but I felt good, no bullseyes just overly tired and losing energy but that was hit and miss so I chalked it up to stress from home. doc originally said it was stress related. last few weeks I have been really dragging energy wise, knees, feet, hands have been sore, lots of back pain coupled with depression. Like right now its hard to clench my fists and I don't feel like doing anything.... The doc prescribed amoxocillan for the Lymes.... The crow canyon marathon ride didn't help either, after that my energy loss was really great and probably triggered the inflammation of my joints and back. Oh well, I'll get better... P90X :smirk:

Wow, that really, really stinks! You didnt ever notice a mark when it bit you? I heard you get a strange mark on the bite site. Like a red spot or something? Or can it be one bite and bail and not leave a mark? I hear the longer it goes undiagnosed the worse it is. But will it go away? So many antibiotics dont work these days. It is in so much of the food we eat etc. that our systems are immune to a lot of them. That is what I have heard anyways. Have you tried other remedies for relief? How long till you hope to be better? Damn, that must really suck. As does my strained back. I wanted to ride yestereday but there is just no way. I cant even bend over to pick up something off the floor. I love to ride so much I was going to do it anyways. Good thing I didnt. P90X:shocked:good god! That is one work out I'll never do:lol: Chin up and feel better Mihylo. You seem to have the right attitude about it all and that is good thing and better for your recovery:thumb:

Wow, that really, really stinks! You didnt ever notice a mark when it bit you? I heard you get a strange mark on the bite site. Like a red spot or something? Or can it be one bite and bail and not leave a mark? I hear the longer it goes undiagnosed the worse it is. But will it go away? So many antibiotics dont work these days. It is in so much of the food we eat etc. that our systems are immune to a lot of them. That is what I have heard anyways. Have you tried other remedies for relief? How long till you hope to be better? Damn, that must really suck. As does my strained back. I wanted to ride yestereday but there is just no way. I cant even bend over to pick up something off the floor. I love to ride so much I was going to do it anyways. Good thing I didnt. P90X:shocked:good god! That is one work out I'll never do:lol: Chin up and feel better Mihylo. You seem to have the right attitude about it all and that is good thing and better for your recovery:thumb:

yeah it usually leaves a mark but often enough it doesn't...
I really need to be in better shape as the spare tire doesnt do much good anyway... I feel decent now but in the morning I'm just draggin along..
http://www.medicinenet.com/lyme_disease/article.htm

yeah it usually leaves a mark but often enough it doesn't...
I really need to be in better shape as the spare tire doesnt do much good anyway... I feel decent now but in the morning I'm just draggin along..
http://www.medicinenet.com/lyme_disease/article.htm

Thanks for the info. I should be more afraid of ticks. They creep me out that's for sure. Eat fuel food and your will be amazed at the energy you can get from it. Like raw beets. Grate them with a cheese grater, add some apple vinegar, a little honey or sugar and a dash of salt and pepper. Good for endurance. My Husband eats that before hockey games. He is an ass kicking hockey player and he swears he feels a difference. Also your body trying to digest certain foods like red meat can leave you sluggish.

Thanks for the info. I should be more afraid of ticks. They creep me out that's for sure. Eat fuel food and your will be amazed at the energy you can get from it. Like raw beets. Grate them with a cheese grater, add some apple vinegar, a little honey or sugar and a dash of salt and pepper. Good for endurance. My Husband eats that before hockey games. He is an ass kicking hockey player and he swears he feels a difference. Also your body trying to digest certain foods like red meat can leave you sluggish.

Can I eat pickled eggs? they are made with beets?:smirk:

I'm not a beet person though I do like borsche...:thinking:
I am gonna try and stay away from the processed foods like frozen dinners and stuff... like tonght I'm roasting an apple smoked porkloin and gonna have some Velveeta mac n'cheese with Brussel sprouts... :drool:

still gotta lose 30lbs... :cry:

You were slow before you got lyme disease :smirk:

Jk, a terrible day at the track is still better than a great day at work :thumb: As long as you had fun it was worth it.

Can I eat pickled eggs? they are made with beets?:smirk:

I'm not a beet person though I do like borsche...:thinking:
I am gonna try and stay away from the processed foods like frozen dinners and stuff... like tonght I'm roasting an apple smoked porkloin and gonna have some Velveeta mac n'cheese with Brussel sprouts... :drool:

still gotta lose 30lbs... :cry:

YUM! Sounds like a geat meal! Frozen food:naughty: MacNCheese with Brussel Sprouts? Who eats that?:lol:
30 isnt so bad. YOU CAN DO IT!!:banana:

You were slow before you got lyme disease :smirk:

Jk, a terrible day at the track is still better than a great day at work :thumb: As long as you had fun it was worth it.

:lol::thumb:

Can only do what you can, appreciate the days when you can get out there! :thumb: The principal at my son's walked around with Lymes for 2 years before they finally figured out the dx. She has it bad, currently has a pic line in her bicep, takes a ton of different meds daily and was placed on special alternating diets because of two different bacteria's she's dealing with. Been a complete lifestyle change for her, most likely will not be out of the woods for quite some time. She had no telltale bulleye patch either. What a nightmare illness. Hope things get better soon, hang in there!! :thumb:

Can only do what you can, appreciate the days when you can get out there! :thumb: The principal at my son's walked around with Lymes for 2 years before they finally figured out the dx. She has it bad, currently has a pic line in her bicep, takes a ton of different meds daily and was placed on special alternating diets because of two different bacteria's she's dealing with. Been a complete lifestyle change for her, most likely will not be out of the woods for quite some time. She had no telltale bulleye patch either. What a nightmare illness. Hope things get better soon, hang in there!! :thumb:

Thanks MXD:thumb: