OZARK 100 Miler

My camera battery died at about ten minutes of the Gnarly 100 Miler. There were many steep hill climbs and a 3.5 waterfall drop and a 4 foot straight drop off of a rock and an immediate right turn. At least I got the 1st ten minutes. I got 4th in my class and 92 of 146 total overall including PRO's. I think I was the second oldest, 8 started in my class and 4 of us came back, except Wayne who broke an oil line on his Huskey and had to wait for oil and repairs, came back after 3 hour's. The average lap for 20 miles laps was 1.5 hour's
399229_4032147250655_614277568_n.jpg

Great video. Looks like my kind of riding. I love the wheelies early on in the video. I am sure the video does not show the true difficulty of these trails. Gotta love the tractor Husaberg on the gnarly uphill where everyone was spinning their wheel.

Awesome video thanks for sharing!

:USA:

Great video. Looks like my kind of riding. I love the wheelies early on in the video. I am sure the video does not show the true difficulty of these trails. Gotta love the tractor Husaberg on the gnarly uphill where everyone was spinning their wheel.

Awesome video thanks for sharing!

Berg was AWSOME on this race and the 2 smokers were scatterd all over the hill limbs. I was way ahead of most C riders after 1st lap because most had 2 smokes. The hill climb picture was Horsepower hill, loose rock for 1/8 of a mile straight up and when I came around the corner I stood up and pinned it and barely made it. My camera died the first 10 minutes and I missed one the the toughest rides of my life with a 3.5 waterfall and a 4 foot rock jump with 20 feet and hard right. Bought the battery pack for the Go Pro Saturday for insurance of battery failure in cold wheather. 24 degree's at start of race.

Man that hussy was a movin, great vid Dave!! it looked like you was getting drilled by the roost on the hill. I would have been like :foul:

I guess that is the nature of the beast if you ain't in front you gotta expect that huh. I wish I could roost ya for the vid :stirthepot:

Berg was AWSOME on this race and the 2 smokers were scatterd all over the hill limbs. I was way ahead of most C riders after 1st lap because most had 2 smokes. The hill climb picture was Horsepower hill, loose rock for 1/8 of a mile straight up and when I came around the corner I stood up and pinned it and barely made it. My camera died the first 10 minutes and I missed one the the toughest rides of my life with a 3.5 waterfall and a 4 foot rock jump with 20 feet and hard right. Bought the battery pack for the Go Pro Saturday for insurance of battery failure in cold wheather. 24 degree's at start of race.

Can you go back for a fun loop with friends to redo the waterfall and rock jump? I too have a little experience with waterfalls :devil:

My camera battery died at about ten minutes of the Gnarly 100 Miler. There were many steep hill climbs and a 3.5 waterfall drop and a 4 foot straight drop off of a rock and an immediate right turn. At least I got the 1st ten minutes. I got 4th in my class and 92 of 146 total overall including PRO's. I think I was the second oldest, 8 started in my class and 4 of us came back, except Wayne who broke an oil line on his Huskey and had to wait for oil and repairs, came back after 3 hour's. The average lap for 20 miles laps was 1.5 hour's
399229_4032147250655_614277568_n.jpg

Thanks for sharing Dave :thumb: You don't really get how steep that is until you turn your camera downhill!!!! Great vid!

Can you go back for a fun loop with friends to redo the waterfall and rock jump? I too have a little experience with waterfalls :devil:
Definately going back soon, but redid suspension today and going to Jasons Playgrounds for testing Sunday and then next week is Eagle Ranch HGP race. Now 2nd in points in my class and going to step it up to keep up.

Definately going back soon, but redid suspension today and going to Jasons Playgrounds for testing Sunday and then next week is Eagle Ranch HGP race. Now 2nd in points in my class and going to step it up to keep up.

That is awesome. We will watch for your results.

:thumb:

Looks like a fun trail, from the video. Not so sure about those gnarly parts you mentioned, water falls and 4 foot drops. :devil:

:thumb: Great vid. Looks like a great area to ride. Problem with those races is there is not a lot of places to pass unless you take your chances and get off coarse a little. Need to keep those bars cut to 30" to clear the tress.

Keep hammering and get that #1 spot. How many points are you off of the front runner? I bet a CTR sticker on that bike would get you the extra HP to launch you in to the lead..:smirk:

:thumb: Great vid. Looks like a great area to ride. Problem with those races is there is not a lot of places to pass unless you take your chances and get off coarse a little. Need to keep those bars cut to 30" to clear the tress.

Keep hammering and get that #1 spot. How many points are you off of the front runner? I bet a CTR sticker on that bike would get you the extra HP to launch you in to the lead..:smirk:

13 points from my buddy David Rogers. He had his mind set on getting 1st place this year and I was just wanting to finish without injuries and trying to improve. The 4 main members of the WFO Trailriders came over Saturday for bike night and we just re set my suspension after spending all last year trying to solve all of the Berg Issue's of overheating and fuel pump.

Tested the Berg Sunday at Jasons Playgrounds and never felt so hoooked up with my bike, and a lot faster now.:smirk: Sunday is going to be a race for me and it's my favorite place. Uploading Jasons Playgrounds Video tonight. :thumb:

2010-2011 season was my first year racing at 51 years old and I got 2nd overall, down to the last race and one mistake for 1st. Last year I had the new Berg and overheated once, tore a radiator hose at Eagle Ranch, got a flat at Baldknobbers, hit a tree at 30 miles an hour at the 480 and dislocated my shoulder in practice the second to last race and did not race that one and raced the last one with sore shoulder and ended up 12th. They also changed the age from 50 to 45 and up last year and now I'm 53. :D