Old Rider, New to Forum

Been riding bikes for 50 years (yah, I'm one of those old farts), but new to the forum. Looks interesting and fun. Any of you "young" studs out there been riding longer than me? I have an '82 XT550 (old guys like old bikes) that I keep at my son's house in Colorado, and an '82 XL500 in Illinois.

Been riding bikes for 50 years (yah, I'm one of those old farts), but new to the forum. Looks interesting and fun. Any of you "young" studs out there been riding longer than me? I have an '82 XT550 (old guys like old bikes) that I keep at my son's house in Colorado, and an '82 XL500 in Illinois.

Welcome Fred!!!:cheers:
Good group here. They'll take as much as you can dish out but be ready to take it in return. :thumb:
Post some pics when you get a chance.

Welcome a-bored Floyd (gofred) Have a sit, have some fun, and kick back with the old guys. Haven't been riding for 50, but I am over that. :smirk: How about over 40? :thumb:

Welcome you old fart from another old fart I am told. I have not been riding bikes as long as you but I have been riding 2 wheels of fun for 47 years. Started out on Taco's with a Briggs and Stratton engine and never stopped.

my first ride was in Mexico, then same year a 90 Suzuki in Red Rock proper, before they closed it. My dad was living in LA and riding the desert back then...I remember his first race bike was a Montessa 250 Cappra, no silencer, just a stinger, loud as hell. Mine was a 250 Suzuki Savage.

Last edited: