Ok what is this

ktIdh9k.jpg

Was changing the oil today in the crf. Looked a little off color so I stirred it up (I always catch in a clear plastic container for insp) and this is what I saw. Smells gas-ish and as the swirling motion subsides it sinks. No loss of coolant noticeable. Weird

at one point on my crf, I went riding after the rain storms (lots of puddles) and came back and found similar, I believe it to have been water entering through the crankcase breather.

Eh won’t freak just pain in the ass. Came out of the motor side. Gonna drain the tranny side next. One thing certain it ain’t just oil. I had just washed it prior, and I’m pretty careful around the motor. I’m gonna pour some in a pan and simmer it and see what happens just for giggles. And Only because it really smells like gas, I’m gonna whip some fresh oil and add a bit of gas to it and see what kind of concoction I get. What could possibly go wrong :bonk:

A little experiment I drained normal looking oil from tranny side. Used that to mix and filled dishes, stirred it up and and let it rest overnight

Dish 1 motor oil in question
AaFuREi.jpg

Dish 2 trans oil with gas
ClDxd3p.jpg

Dish 3 trans oil with rad fluid
NWs0qbk.jpg

The fuel dish has the exact pattern. I think I have the mystery substance, just now to figure how it’s getting in the bottom end. Leaking pump?

Does your CRF have a carb or is it fuel injected? If you have a carb, do you turn the gas off after riding? If not and the float valve doesn't fully close, gas can leak into the engine. If the overflow tube is plugged with dirt or crimped off, you won't see a puddle under your bike.

Thanks for you input, yes it’s EFI. I have 0 experience with working on the systems so I haven’t a clue what might fail to let it drip.