OK, its official, im an idiot

Please read...
So, this weekend, (both saterday and sunday) my friends and i did alot of trail riding around my neighborhood (i will post the videos in the "pic and video section"). on saterday, i rode my 144sx for about maby 3 hours, and when i got home, i quickly powerwashed it and then put it away. the next day i rode it again. alot of the riding i did was in swamps with alot of creek crossings and riding on trails with about 3 inches of water on them. i started to notice that my bike sounded alittle differnt and i cept noticing oil floating around in the water werever i went. so i stoped and checked my bike out and didnt notice anything. it was starting to run low on gas, so i headed home and swiched to my sister's bike (crf100f). when i finally got home and started to wash the bikes i notoced the oil drain bolt to my 144sx laying in the skid plate. i then looked at the hole and nuthing was there, so all my oil drained out while i was riding :( i probly rode for about 40 min. without oil Im so glad i was not riding a 4 stroke! and the worse part is that all the water and mud i rode though + the water from the pressure washer got into my transmission. so today i tiped my bike on its side and drained out the remainder of the oil. then i put the bolt on and then filled it up with oil then drained it out right after. i think i will do that again. is my bike doomed? man i feel like a dumbass, i normally dont let this stuff happen. but i do know a guy on this site who rode his bike for a month with no air filter in it. (you know who you are) so atleast im not that bad. i also feel guilty for poluting the woods with all of my oil. now the poor deer and racoons will ahve to drink water that is cantaminated with oil :( poor things.

if it was still running when you washed it, I can assure you the drain plug hadn't been missing the full 40 minutes.
I would get a cheap oil, like rotella t, fill it, drain it, and if you notice water, do a series of oil changes on it, when you get all the muck out, I would then fill it and ride it and see if anythings messed up. If its still running now then there isn't any catastrophic damage.

Bike is fine. No point in putting Darren down, because it doesn't make you any less dumb. .7 liters of oil on the ground will be gone in a matter of days

We all make stupid moves when were new, chit happens, just be glad it's not worse than it is. And I disagree Brandyn, trying to make other people look stupid to make yourself look smart while your talking about your lack of intellegence makes you look pretty dumb.

Hey i was new! i didn't know there wasen't even one in it! :smirk: But alot of guys will flush the case with kerosene after they flood a motor, alot cheaper than oil. Then just flush it out with oil after that once or twice and see if she still runs

Btw you are that bad, the first thing i did was change my oil :smirk: Plus i have done a complete rebuild now so :P

flush your crank cases with diesel to get the water out, as for the mud, it should come out over the next couple changes, just ride the bike around for a couple minutes to agitate the oil then drain and replace.

hey im sorry darren if it sounded like i was puting you down i was was just trying to make an inside joke:sorry:. and kerosene? hmmm sounds like a good idea. wait then wouldnt alittle bit of it mix with the oil and cause the oil to not do its job as well?

its actually pretty impresive that you didnt know anything about an air filter, yet you were able to do top end rebuild:cheers:

when I was 13, I did an oil change on an old volkswagen beetle, quart after quart after quart, and I couldn't figure out why the oil level on the dipstick wasn't changing. it was then that I noticed my white shoes were black...... my dad took the additional 5 quarts he had to buy out of my ass