Off Road Riders Rock

major props to them and in no way am i trying to take anything away but .... would you consider yourself a "HERO" for doing that? :noidea: i know i would not. i would expect anyone of you to do the same if i was on a ride with you. thats pretty much the normal thing to do for anyone who is not A. pure fucking evil or B. not full on retard.

if im ever in a situation where i helped a fellow human like that please dont call me a hero as i consider that the normal thing any normal person should do. Now someone who (in any way) puts their life in danger for another person :thumb: thats a hero to me

now to get a little deep :lol:....
i was saved by a hero. if it wasnt for alfred pegan(worked for marvel) i prolly wouldn't be on this planet. This man risked his own life and took 3rd degree burns to save me... My hero for sure. Now for some reason i have felt that he was put here to save me so that one day i can return the favor. No situations in my life have ever come up but deep inside i have always felt that one day it will and maybe its just gods plan for me but i feel obligated to do what i can even if it means harm to me.

James

Staff member
major props to them and in no way am i trying to take anything away but .... would you consider yourself a "HERO" for doing that? :noidea: i know i would not. i would expect anyone of you to do the same if i was on a ride with you. thats pretty much the normal thing to do for anyone who is not A. pure fucking evil or B. not full on retard.

if im ever in a situation where i helped a fellow human like that please dont call me a hero as i consider that the normal thing any normal person should do. Now someone who (in any way) puts their life in danger for another person :thumb: thats a hero to me

now to get a little deep :lol:....
i was saved by a hero. if it wasnt for alfred pegan(worked for marvel) i prolly wouldn't be on this planet. This man risked his own life and took 3rd degree burns to save me... My hero for sure. Now for some reason i have felt that he was put here to save me so that one day i can return the favor. No situations in my life have ever come up but deep inside i have always felt that one day it will and maybe its just gods plan for me but i feel obligated to do what i can even if it means harm to me.
Don't remember reading that they thought of themselves as "heroes", heck they didn't even want to give out their names. :thumb:

I think it has a lot to do with which side you're on. For example if I were to give my life to save a bunch of other people, I wouldn't consider myself a hero, I'd just be doing what needed to be done. However if somebody gave up their life for me, I'd consider them a hero. :noidea:

Back on topic. The dirt bike/mx community is a pretty cool community and IMO are more apt to do stuff like this. In this day and age to many people only care about themselves and walk right past somebody in need. All because they can't be "bothered". Heck in all honesty I've done this myself, drove right past some guy who was standing beside the road with a bicycle that was broken down. Wasn't until later that I thought about it and realized how selfish that was of me. Should have stopped. :bonk:

Don't remember reading that they thought of themselves as "heroes", heck they didn't even want to give out their names. :thumb:

I think it has a lot to do with which side you're on. For example if I were to give my life to save a bunch of other people, I wouldn't consider myself a hero, I'd just be doing what needed to be done. However if somebody gave up their life for me, I'd consider them a hero. :noidea:

Back on topic. The dirt bike/mx community is a pretty cool community and IMO are more apt to do stuff like this. In this day and age to many people only care about themselves and walk right past somebody in need. All because they can't be "bothered". Heck in all honesty I've done this myself, drove right past some guy who was standing beside the road with a bicycle that was broken down. Wasn't until later that I thought about it and realized how selfish that was of me. Should have stopped. :bonk:
we never left topic...

and i agree... still in this situation i dont consider them hero's from my point... of course like your saying if i was the old guys it would be a different opinion. im saying i would hope that everysingle one of you would do the same... if you consider all of us hero's for that :thumb: thats cool too.

ps.... i seen a supermoto on the side of the road and dude was kicking a lot a couple months ago... i turned around and right as i did he got his shit started and took off :thumb: but really i should have this kind of attitude towards all humans. i know im a bit guilty of it. i get pissed off by people i dont know easily at times. ... ok sorry now that was a bit off topic :lol:

James

Staff member
we never left topic...
Sorry that wasn't at anyone. Heck I don't even really know why I put that in there. :lol: :bonk:
and i agree... still in this situation i dont consider them hero's from my point... of course like your saying if i was the old guys it would be a different opinion. im saying i would hope that everysingle one of you would do the same... if you consider all of us hero's for that :thumb: thats cool too.
I don't either as I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, of us would do the same thing. However if I was one of the guys that got rescued, I'd be looking at it a little differently.
ps.... i seen a supermoto on the side of the road and dude was kicking a lot a couple months ago... i turned around and right as i did he got his shit started and took off :thumb: but really i should have this kind of attitude towards all humans. i know im a bit guilty of it. i get pissed off by people i dont know easily at times. ... ok sorry now that was a bit off topic :lol:
Don't worry I'm also biased. I'll give a moto person the shirt off my back but a "regular" person will only get a so much. :lol:

we never left topic...

No, I think you're right on TraV... I may have been a bit extreme agreing that they're heros but like you said, in the eyes of the old fellers, they were. As for doing good deeds, it doesn't have to be much, an offer to take a shoping cart back to the front of the market since your'e going that direction anyways, letting the person with a handful of items go in front since your $200+ purchase is going to take a while to ring up anyways or letting the guy next to you change lanes or merge... what's another car length????

:D yes, that's me... mr good guy! Pay it forward without expecting anything in return... makes you feel good inside! :thumb: