2 Stroke No spark 1972 Suzuki ts250

I have a 1972 Suzuki ts250 that doesn't get spark, ran fine for a couple days, went to start it one day and would only have half power, that went on for a couple weeks then one day I completely lost spark and can't figure out why, I have replaced all major electrical components and still nothing, I've done everything I can think of

Last edited by a moderator:
Clean all ground connections, check the kill switch, you say all major ignition components replaced, does that include the plug boot? that goes overlooked quite often. I guess mentioning the specific parts you've replaced would help us along as well. Welcome to DBA.

I have cleaned all ground connections, checked kill switch, and checked and even replaced plug boot. I have put on a new stator with new pickup coils, new cdi box, new ignition coil, many spark plugs and caps, flywheel checks out so I kept the original one, checked wiring harness for shorts and broken wired and was unsuccessful in finding one

I guess if it was my bike I'd have started out with getting my manual out and going thru the trouble shooting section for no spark. If it's a good manual it will have resistance and cranking voltage checks at the connectors.

Put a brand new plug in it, give it a whole shed load of kicks and remove the new plug and take a picture of the electrode area and post the pic here with description of the smell it has for further help!
The colour and smell from it may tell a story that the trained eye can decipher! :thumb: