No Shock Rebound

Well, for the few of you that have been following my thread know my troubles with this rear shock already but for those that don't heres a 101.

Rebuilt the shock and ran into some trouble (Although this was my second time). Went to take the keeper nut off the shaft and the one that holds the vavleing on came off instead and knocked part of the valving off. So i took the remaining valveing off all in one piece and tried to put the seal on the from that end. Didn't work and i think i damaged the seal. So i put the valveing back on very carefully using the spare that i had shaft/valve as a guide and then took off the right bolt and put everything on the way your supposed too.

Here's the catch, went very light trail riding for about 2 hours and now the shock has no rebound. Played with the clickers and notta. Still compresses like its supposed to but the only thing pushing it back up is the spring (its like a trampoline now).

I though it was just the seal since i think i might have damaged it when i tried to put it on. But i don't see very much fluid at all around the brand-new bumpstop and just a little on the shaft. It also still has nitrogen in the bladder. This caused me to think i could have put the vavleing in wrong, although it seemed to work right when i first had it put all together.

Whats your thoughts, Valveing or seal?

What the fu¢k is an Icard??
And you cursed me!
My shock mysteriously has no rebound now. I have a feeling my brother was riding my bike while I was working.. he lives in the same building as me. Same thing, compresses normally, just no rebound.
80 degree weather so early in Pittsburgh, and I get a broken power valve cable AND and a retarded shock..
Fcr did the valving about 6 months ago, and I thought its felt weird ever since.
That's gotta be the only solution if its not leaking..
I can only dream that I touch the ground this good any other time hahaha

Sent from my DROID X using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

And you cursed me!
My shock mysteriously has no rebound now. I have a feeling my brother was riding my bike while I was working.. he lives in the same building as me. Same thing, compresses normally, just no rebound.
80 degree weather so early in Pittsburgh, and I get a broken power valve cable AND and a retarded shock..
Fcr did the valving about 6 months ago, and I thought its felt weird ever since.

haha :lol: same, i know something is up when i can touch. But im thinking its oil at this point, i feel like i would had never had rebound to start with if i screwed that up

haha :lol: same, i know something is up when i can touch. But im thinking its oil at this point, i feel like i would had never had rebound to start with if i screwed that up
yeah your right about that.. If it happened after the fact.. The only way to know is to tear it apart haha

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

James

Staff member
:lol: It's Picard (aka facepalm). I see that you're using the Tapatalk app and if I remember right it doesn't show all the smileys/emotes.

This is what the picard emote looks like.

picard-facepalm.jpg

And you cursed me!

For the money you will spend on repairing that boinger, I'd start over with a "new" shock from Ebay. IMHO!

:lol: It's Picard (aka facepalm). I see that you're using the Tapatalk app and if I remember right it doesn't show all the smileys/emotes.

picard-facepalm.jpg
And this is an Epic Face-palm! You didn't even get to see the DOUBLE face palm yet! That would probably knock you off line and delete your hard drive! Keep talking! You may witness it soon!

Welcome new guy! We like new peeps! Hang in there!

picard-facepalm.jpg
Ohh hahaha I got it...

Ordered parts today. Gotta borrow my dads spring compressor to tear it apart first though
If you can't get the compressor, on my car I used 2 heavy duty hose clamps on the sides of the springs.. Its kinda scary, but it held up lol

What did you order?