Newbie. Need tips.

Hi! I just got a suzuki dry 125 4 stroke about three weeks ago. dreamt of motocross my whole life. I'm pretty good on my bike for a newbie, just got into ramping it but i want to race so any tips?

well the dr 125 is a great trail bike. So I guess the tip I would give you is to look into a race bike, if racing is really what you want to do. Where I am a good dr 125 could sell as a bike for a wife or gf and bring enough money to buy an rm125. The rm will likely teach you a lot about riding, maintenance, overhauls, and scrimping and saving.

Welcome and I hope you like it here.

yeah I'm planning to get another bike as soon as i get good enough with my dr 125. but I'm gonna get a 150 instead of another 125. the bike i have now is just for the basics since its my first bike.

crf150r? My advice would be the same if you said 125 or 85 etc. Find a riding school to be held near you and go to that. Gary Semics wrote a great book, and has good videos as well. Get someone to video you. Repeat that often if you are serious. Of course, find a track that has practice sessions, use what you learn from the school and the books/videos, and gauge yourself against other competition at the practices as to whether you are ready or not.

One of the best drills I have used and taught is to lay out a place to do figure 8's in. Get intense enough at it that you are in a really good wet sweat in 5 minutes of them. Vary the distances so you have to shift between the turns for some of them. In other words really learn to corner.

And good luck!

welcome! and what the other people are saying is true! The DRZ has 10-12ish HP where as a (RM, YZ, CR, KTM, or KX) 85 has around 20HP and any of the 125's have close to 30HP