newbie at 40

1064706.jpg
New to trail riding last year thanks to a good friend and neighbor. We both have sons and they are good friends. We met them last summer for a taste of trial riding and now I am hooked. Just picked up an old Kawasaki KDX175 for $100!

Looking for a bike for my son, he is 12 years old. I want a Honda CRF100F for him so we are looking at CL everyday, looks like I can expect to pay $1000 for his bike.

Hoping to learn more about trail riding and trail bikes here.

Andy Y.

What people ask for on CL and what they get can often be two different things. Now for a newer bike I could see $1k. Just keep looking and have cash in hand to make offers with.

welcome to the forum. and like carl said make CL your hobby for a bit.. check it all the time and be ready to go make a deal at a moments notice if possible.

James

Staff member
New to trail riding last year thanks to a good friend and neighbor. We both have sons and they are good friends. We met them last summer for a taste of trial riding and now I am hooked. Just picked up an old Kawasaki KDX175 for $100!

Welcome Andy, post up a couple photos of that Kawi!

I see that you're in Lakewood, you going to the Thunder Valley National this weekend? :ride:

Roger that Zack. I was just looking and there are several in the Denver area, I am also looking at XR100's, they are all listed around $1000, but I will carry cash and be ready to offer much less. I love to haggle over price, and I am amazed sometimes how much people over price stuff.

Thanks!

Andy

Welcome Andy, post up a couple photos of that Kawi!

I see that you're in Lakewood, you going to the Thunder Valley National this weekend? :ride:

Thanks James! I live 5 minutes from Thunder Valley and drive by there about 4 times every week. We are not gonna make it this year, but maybe next year. I will put up some pictures this weekend of my bike.

Andy

:wave: Welcome to the site and sounds like you are about to embark on a great father/Son and friends activities. Make sure you document your rides and post them up here. We love Ride Reports..:thumb: