new top end now bike stalls

Hi, new to forum. I thought I would save myself some money and do a top end in my 450 myself instead of having a shop do it. Every thing went together smoothly (or at least i thought it did) I have it all put back together now, the bike starts just fine and all the power seems to be there. When i am coming into a corner in 2nd or 3rd gear and the rpms drop the bike stalls. This shouldnt happen because i have a rekluse clutch and this never happened to me before i did the top end. the bike will also stall sometimes when it is at running temperature and i blip the throttle while in neutral. I have rechecked my timing and it is seems to be good. I read in the manual (after of course) that you are not supposed to remove the throttle position sensor because it can affect engine performance. Well i did to get the throttle body and intake out of my way. Can that be my problem? and how do i know i have put it back in the right position? Any input would be much appreciated.

Hi, new to forum. I thought I would save myself some money and do a top end in my 450 myself instead of having a shop do it. Every thing went together smoothly (or at least i thought it did) I have it all put back together now, the bike starts just fine and all the power seems to be there. When i am coming into a corner in 2nd or 3rd gear and the rpms drop the bike stalls. This shouldnt happen because i have a rekluse clutch and this never happened to me before i did the top end. the bike will also stall sometimes when it is at running temperature and i blip the throttle while in neutral. I have rechecked my timing and it is seems to be good. I read in the manual (after of course) that you are not supposed to remove the throttle position sensor because it can affect engine performance. Well i did to get the throttle body and intake out of my way. Can that be my problem? and how do i know i have put it back in the right position? Any input would be much appreciated.

What bike......is it efi or carb?

By the way.....welcome to DBA Terin.

Last edited:
2012 yz450f efi, and thanks

If you messed with the tps, I'd check that, don't quote me but I believe .6 to 1.0 volts on the tps signal wire when at idle is what you want.....just backprobe one of the 3 wires till you find the one you want, if out of spec this may be the problem, to adjust loosen the tps screws a little, move the sensor until your meter reads in the range specified and tighten back down.