New to the dirt world

Hey everyone!! My names Mike and I'm an experienced motorcycle rider on the streets with my 1992 Honda Cb750 nighthawk (cafe racer) and my 2005 Honda Cbr600rr. I just bought a 1996 Suzuki DS80 for $70 and I'm in the process of giving it a make over. I'm still waiting on a few parts to get her running. So I'll be on here searching threads for helpful tips or tricks with this bike. If you guys know of any feel free to post the links up. Thanks in advance.

Yea the streets are definitely getting more and more crazy every year that passes. Hopefully I can get a 450 or 250 and give dirt bikes a try. I'm hoping to just flip this and make a few bucks profit after I'm done. I just don't want to sell someone a pos. Then maybe work my way up to a bigger bike. Financial wise.

Yea a good parts supplier and also is there oil suppose to be coming out from where the stator is? I filled her up with oil just to keep the fiber clutch discs from drying out and I noticed there was a river of oil under the motor. I realized it came from behind the stator. I just wasn't sure although I did see a gasket for the stator cover. Sorry if this is a silly question. It's my first 2 stroke. I do all my own work on my other bikes but I'm learning about 2 strokes with this ds80.

Yea a good parts supplier and also is there oil suppose to be coming out from where the stator is? I filled her up with oil just to keep the fiber clutch discs from drying out and I noticed there was a river of oil under the motor. I realized it
came from behind the stator. I just wasn't sure although I
did see a gasket for the stator cover. Sorry if this is a silly
question. It's my first 2 stroke. I do all my own work on my
other bikes but I'm learning about 2 strokes with this
ds80.
That side should be dry, you got a problem there, does the rod for the clutch release mechanism back inside that cover on your bike? If so that's the most likely place for that kind of a leak. Clean up the area in there with the side cover off, then see if you can watch where this river of oil is coming from.

That side should be dry, you got a problem there, does the rod for the clutch release mechanism back inside that cover on your bike? If so that's the most likely place for that kind of a leak. Clean up the area in there with the side cover off, then see if you can watch where this river of oil is coming from.

Ok I'm not sure what the clutch release mechanism is but I guess I'll take off the stator and see what's leaking behind it. This is when I picked up the bike how it looked....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422970185.273623.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422970197.155953.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422970205.990091.jpg

This is it now all painted up looking better and not so oily. She was an oily mess when I got her.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422970288.414396.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422970302.015043.jpg

And this is the motor after I took it out of the bike.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422970332.017895.jpg

Oh if your talking about the mechanism that engages and releases the clutch when you pull in the clutch lever then no that's on the opposite side of the motor. This is only where the stator is. So I'm thinking maybe the seal is worn out and that's causing the oil to leak out and that's probably why the bike was well oiled when I picked her up.