New to MX

SRAD97750

Staff member
:ride::ride::ride: Seat time is the only way to advance quickly and safely!
Work on good FORM. Form has saved me countless times while riding and my body just did what it was supposed to, and I rode away unscathed from a gnarly situation! -BIG DAN:thumb:

EDIT: Posting photos and video are highly recommended!

Hey just getting started in motocross. From Louisiana want to get going in the sport. If anybody has any helps send it my way. Thanks
First welcome to the site..:wave:

Second, we need a little more info than "just getting started in motocross". How about, what are you currently riding, how long, age, class you are looking at riding in, etc...

Practice days on the track are important. And also having the endurance. You may not realize how tired your going to get quickly on the track. With the tired comes the crash. Be prepared and get out there and make the action happen!

:ride::ride::ride: Seat time is the only way to advance quickly and safely!
Work on good FORM. Form has saved me countless times while riding and my body just did what it was supposed to, and I rode away unscathed from a gnarly situation! -BIG DAN:thumb:

EDIT: Posting photos and video are highly recommended!

first off i must say i suck at track and havent been on one in a while but this is all true. this place helped me get to where i am today :thumb: DBA. i posted vids and pics and people instantly told me what i was doing wrong. I also am a social person so when i was at the track i started talking to people and listening to the advice they gave me. you never know who you might meet. i had a ex pro female actually take me on the track and teach me stuff just cause i was cool to her at the truck. I also met marty smith and took in some advice from him at the truck. Also read magazines watch what the motocross guys are doing on TV. Hit up some local trails with riders who are better then you if that is possible, it will help make you a well rounded rider. Try to remeber its all fun no matter how much it kicks your ass or how hard or challenging it might be, get as many different types of terrain under your tire as you can. Also know your limits but push them to better yourself and if you are able to get that seat time it will all start to come natural without you even having to think about it anymore. At times when im feeling great i almost forget that there is even a bike under me and its just like i am 1 with it. Then again thats usually when i :crash:

I wouldn't recommend hopping right into MX, Get yourself a 125 2 stroke, or 250 4 stroke and ride that for a few months before really thinking about getting into MX. Go ride on a few local track.

Welcome to the forum.