New member here.

Hi everyone, I'm new here to the forum, and new to dirtbikes.
Mostly into trail riding in the mountains.
I have a 1980 TT250 and a 1986 TT225
Next purchase will probably be a newer model 450 Yamaha quad.

The 250 runs well, some small issues, and the 225 is in a restoration process.
I'm into autobody paint work, so the 225 will be looking new when I finish it.

Anyways, glad to be apart of this forum!

Welcome. Lots of friendly tech-savvy people here.
I saw you other post about the non-idling 250. I am still learning here myself, but I am guessing the big boys here will be along shortly to help you and they are likely going to ask you about your float setting since you didn't mention it.
Lots of good carb threads here to browse...I do it daily and learn lots.

Last edited:
Welcome. Lots of friendly tech-savvy people here.
I saw you other post about the non-idling 250. I am still learning here myself, but I am guessing the big boys here will be along shortly to help you and they are likely going to ask you about your float setting since you didn't mention it.
Lots of good carb threads here to browse...I do it daily and learn lots.
Thanks, and any input for the idling thread helps.
I'm still learning too, figured out the main jet was too big on the 250 and dropped the size and rides great now, just the idle issue left to figure out. I'll search around, see if I can find any info on it. Thanks!

WELCOME! Post up some photos of these TTs!! -BIG DAN
cid:29293C06-F4B5-41AE-91B0-7C5922AED59E@mobilenotes.apple.com

Thank you!
Here are some pictures.
This was the TT250 when I bought it, looked ugly but ran and was dirt cheap.

This is the TT225 the day I got for basically free. It is missing the right case cover though.

Both of them in the garage.

The 225 partially stripped for the resto. It has been fully stripped now just the frame.

And the 250 the other day on the trails.
Painted the fenders and tank, does not look that good, but looks better than before, ha!

I have no idea if the 225 engine works, I was told it ran before the case cover was taken off, but after it sat outside for a few years who knows if it runs. The truth, I am going to restore the 225 since the plastics are complete and it looks a bit more modern and just swap the 250 engine over to it and then work on the 225 engine sometime later.
Thanks.

Welcome to DBA, at times this place slows down, but I assure you if you stick around you will gain good advice, and as a bonus pretty much everybody on here are good natured people who are happy to help with questions or learn ourselves from others.

Welcome to the forum
Love the t-shirt seat cover! Whatever it takes to get riding.

Until you show up with a quad! :stick:

Thank you! And good eye, yup that's an old t shirt I cut up and stapled to the seat 10 minutes after I got home with the bike. Has worked wel ever since.

I don't think I'll have any questions on quads. I plan on getting one ready to ride. The carb on the 250 is driving me crazy.

I did have an 84 Honda 200x a few years ago and
Sold it because it wouldn't shift into gear. Now that I have started reading/learning on Dirtbike's, I think all It needed was a new clutch. :doh:

Welcome to the forum
Love the t-shirt seat cover! Whatever it takes to get riding.

Until you show up with a quad! :stick:

Yeah......I was going to cut the guy a break, maybe it's for his wife or girl friend. Maybe it's for hauling firewood. Those reasons for buying a quad don't make a dude gay.

Excuse me sir, man that sure is a cool looking 4 wheeler yeah we love it when you blow out our single track and singlehanded make the dust like a freight train listen can you help me get my bike out real quick?

D12F6AB7-8960-4099-BDFE-B1067A5844B8.jpg

Excuse me sir, man that sure is a cool looking 4 wheeler yeah we love it when you blow out our single track and singlehanded make the dust like a freight train listen can you help me get my bike out real quick?

D12F6AB7-8960-4099-BDFE-B1067A5844B8.jpg
A friend of mine got stuck pretty bad the other day because he wanted to around a small trail that we on the bikes went up.
The way he tried to go was even worse and it ended up like this.

Yeah......I was going to cut the guy a break, maybe it's for his wife or girl friend. Maybe it's for hauling firewood. Those reasons for buying a quad don't make a dude gay.

Yea most likely for the girlfriend. Or inexperienced friends/family.

Thank you! And good eye, yup that's an old t shirt I cut up and stapled to the seat 10 minutes after I got home with the bike. Has worked wel ever since.

I don't think I'll have any questions on quads. I plan on getting one ready to ride. The carb on the 250 is driving me crazy.

I did have an 84 HONDA 200X a few years ago and
Sold it because it wouldn't shift into gear. Now that I have started reading/learning on Dirtbike's, I think all It needed was a new clutch. :doh:
:hifive: On the 200X, pity it's gone, I started out on an ATC70 then a 110 then a 185 and eventually an ATC250R:wow::crash::cripple: