New Guy, Ohio

Totally green, new guy, interested in getting a dirt bike and hitting the trail. Tried it one time--hooked.

Looking for places to rent and ride in PA (my friends all live there), and none of us own db's.

Like I said--starting from scratch.

Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome Craig. :cheers: So what gave you the idea to start riding?

I got on a friends' 1980-something Honda CBR and we rode a couple of trails around his farm. Nothing exciting--no racing--just a leisurely ride for about 20 minutes. That was enough to get me interested, thinking about it all the time.

Some old friends want to plan a reunion next summer in PA and I suggested we do this. I'd like to buy a bike, but we all need to rent, so looking for something like that and having no luck with the goggle.:banghead: Read through your stuff and thought you folks sounded like the experts!

James

Staff member
Some old friends want to plan a reunion next summer in PA and I suggested we do this. I'd like to buy a bike, but we all need to rent, so looking for something like that and having no luck with the goggle.:banghead: Read through your stuff and thought you folks sounded like the experts!
Ask in the North East section, a number of guys are from that area. Plus I remember that when we were exploring options for the East Coast Ride (which still hasn't happened), we found a couple places that would rent bikes.
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/section/northeast.64/

And yes there's a great group of knowledgeable guys (& gals) on here.

I got on a friends' 1980-something Honda CBR and we rode a couple of trails around his farm. Nothing exciting--no racing--just a leisurely ride for about 20 minutes. That was enough to get me interested, thinking about it all the time.
:lol: That's all it took for me some years ago. Rode a buddy's yz125 and was hooked from then on. :ride:

Hey, are you not neighbors with Mr. Buck Run?
Now there is a guy that has bikes, guns, and loves his booze. We have some things in common. :thumb:
Welcome a broad! :thumb:

Welcome! There are quite a few Ohioans(including me, but I live on the other side of the state) and some Pennsylvanians on here so you should have plenty of resources/help finding riding areas.

Hey, are you not neighbors with Mr. Buck Run?
Now there is a guy that has bikes, guns, and loves his booze. We have some things in common. :thumb:
Welcome a broad! :thumb:

You kicking him off the island already.... SPELL CHECK..... :smirk:... :lol:

Welcome Slapdash (great label)... owning is so much better then renting/borrowing cuz when you crash (and you will) you won't feel as bad when you break something (and you will)...

As for using the term EXPERT... I know I as with several other elderly gents (names withheld to protect the innocent) know that the definition of expert is ... and EX is a has been ... and a SPERT is a drip under pressure! :smirk:

Welcome aboard :thumb: