new from Ny need help with my rm250!!!

Hi guys I am new to the forum i never really use fourms cause i can always find out or figure out what is wrong with my stuff but i got this rm250 and i rode the bike twice and the engine runs great but the problem is it ran low on trans fluid/oil then it started to make a noise and i immediately shut the bike off and put the rear tire in the air and if you spin it or roll the bike in neutral it makes a chaffing kind of sound sounds to me like it is coming from behind the sprocket up front on the engine but not sure if its the clutch or what i am going to inspect the clutch today i was figuring maybe it got hot and burnt up from lack of oil but i put oil in the trans after i drained it and there was nearly any at all after the noise arrised but still no cure from adding oil because i started the bike in neutral and it almost wanted to shut off and the noise just keeps getting worse and worse if you have any insight at all to what is wrong please throw it out there i dont want to tear the motor apart but if it needs to be done i can do it as i know very well of how the transmission works i personally think its an idler bearing but i dont want to jump to conclusions thanks again -kyle