Never too OLD, Enduuro X

The hardest part is dealing with a few thousand people watching. For some it's no big deal, but for me I was a little nervous and I got arm pump real bad and wore out quick. I know Jay Reynolds the promoter of Motor head events from riding out at Chadwick. I'm sure this is the day I met him with the WFO Trailriders and our 2 groups went for a ride.I'm sure He was watching when I came around the corner of a trail and I decided to take a short cut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUTy6HWv-sA&list=UUnzZtdwaWNzKXlokU-jVuHg&feature=share&index=211
I also race with him a little at Hillbilly Grand Prix Hare scrambles, so I talked to him about getting a 50 + class together and we had 3 so he gave it to us, but 1 bailed out after practice and there was a rider from Springfield Illinois where was doing Nat. hare scrambles this year and we still had a race. Not 1 of us have ever done a Enduro X but 3 of us raced and 4 showed up for practice. Not a lot for the whole state of MO, but I bet we will double that next year and WFO Trailriders are working on a X track to practice on this year that we started on last year but didn't have time to finish.
All you need to do is show up and try, that's what we did.
This made me nervous.

Last edited:
Thanks, I have ridden most of my life off and on and I didn't even get serious until I raced my first Hare Scramble series when I turned 50. I had raced around 4 hare scrambles before that and rode with my Buddies a lot when I moved from Colorado to Missouri USA and hooked up with the right crowd. Many guys rode with me but 4 of us were there mostly and we formed the WFO Trailriders about 8 years ago talking about all of the crazy fun stuff we do and decided we needed a camera to remember these times so I bought the Motcom camera and then better and better camera's. My second one was $1,100.00 and then the Gopro.
I have some mentors that I race with, one is 65 and the other keeps ahead of me at the HGP (Hillbilly Grand Prix) races and he is 67. I just want to be health and in shape and try to keep going until at least 65. It feels real good to be in good shape and I have started catching up with the fast guys that have been racing most of their lives so this year I am working out the whole summer to be the best I can for the 2014/2015 season. I see guys my age dying of chronic couch potato, weight issues and health. I'm not going to be the one on the couch watching sports, I live the sports life now not watch.