needing parts

Okay guys, I have my 87/88 rm 125 and its needing a few parts. I need an 87 or 88 left crank half, the side with the water pump, a chain, a chain slider, and a front tire just to ramble off a few things.

Does anyone know where I can source some of those parts for cheap? preferably OEM on the chain slider.

hi, sorry but i dont have the parts you need, i am having trouble finding parts for my 88 rm 125 also.
thought i would send you a message and see if you have a 88 barrel and head.

hi, sorry but i dont have the parts you need, i am having trouble finding parts for my 88 rm 125 also.
thought i would send you a message and see if you have a 88 barrel and head.
If you can find an 87 cylinder it will also fit, the shape and size of the piston didn't change, the only thing that changed was the crank, connecting rod and wrist pin size. I will have to look in my spare parts to see if I have a cylinder and head that is good enough to use. However if I remember correctly they both need to be re-sleeved because they are bored out to .080(2mm) over. If you are still interested in the cylinder and head PM me.

ok thanks, i better get back to you with engine numbers to make sure i have the model right.
i do have a new sleeve somewhere.
this project has sat in shed for along time, been a few yrs since i picked up where i left off.
it has upside down forks, yellow frame and silver motor.

if you have the right cylinder and head i would be interested in buying it.

Attachments

• IMGP1900.JPG
    IMGP1900.JPG
    463.9 KB · Views: 6
i bought the sleeve i have on ebay, impulse buy. doubt it is the right one.
can the barrels you have be resleeved? from what i no you can only do it a few times

USD forks?? a proper 88 rm125 has conventional forks.
IMG_0432.jpg

this bike is a combo of 87 and 88 parts. If you look closely at the expansion chamber, there is a hanger near the frame rail. That hanger only fits on the 88 frame. the 87 frame, which mine and yours appears to be does not have that hanger.

i bought the sleeve i have on ebay, impulse buy. doubt it is the right one.
can the barrels you have be resleeved? from what i no you can only do it a few times
I have no idea if, or how many times the barrels have or haven't been resleeved. The 2 bikes I purchased have been passed from owner to owner, in pieces for over a decade. some people did this and that then lost interest and sold them to the next guy.

USD forks?? a proper 88 rm125 has conventional forks.
IMG_0432.jpg

this bike is a combo of 87 and 88 parts. If you look closely at the expansion chamber, there is a hanger near the frame rail. That hanger only fits on the 88 frame. the 87 frame, which mine and yours appears to be does not have that hanger.
they do, im guessing someone tried to make it look like a newer model at some stage

engine number- f113-113
frame- jsirf13a

rather than post a full engine number and frame number on a forum i have left out the last numbers/letters