Need Some Feed Back.

Alright. Let me start by saying a don't have a lot of patience.
I'm in the market for a KTM dual sport. I found a great deal on a brand new 09 530. But I'm looking for a 450. The deal I'm talking about would save me about $2000 if I go with the 530. I can get it out the door for under $9000. But what I'm hearing is for the kind of riding I do (tight single track) I would not be happy with the 530. I have been looking on line throughout Cali for any deal that compares. And have not found anything yet. I would rather go with new so i can get the warranty. So please give me some feed back on your thoughts on a 530 compared to a 450.

both run the same on the top end, 530 has more low end and the 450 seems weak in comparison. But that may make the 450 a better woods bike and make the 530 a better road and desert bike.

Alright. Let me start by saying a don't have a lot of patience.
I'm in the market for a KTM dual sport. I found a great deal on a brand new 09 530. But I'm looking for a 450. The deal I'm talking about would save me about $2000 if I go with the 530. I can get it out the door for under $9000. But what I'm hearing is for the kind of riding I do (tight single track) I would not be happy with the 530. I have been looking on line throughout Cali for any deal that compares. And have not found anything yet. I would rather go with new so i can get the warranty. So please give me some feed back on your thoughts on a 530 compared to a 450.

both run the same on the top end, 530 has more low end and the 450 seems weak in comparison. But that may make the 450 a better woods bike and make the 530 a better road and desert bike.

Use the gearing RACK has (10/60) and you shouldn't have any issues regardless what size bike it is.....:shocked:...talk a bout a woods killer! :thinking:.....

I have never ridden a 450 so I can not be a judge. I do know a guy that rides a 450 and another that rides the 530 and neither one of them has any problems on the tight single track in my estimation. :thinking: $9000 seems a bit steep for a 2 year old bike even if it is new. Get Rack involved.

Thanks for the feed back fellas! Tomorrow I'm going down to see what kind of deal I can make on a new 2011 KTM 450 EXC. If all goes like I hope it will, I will be on the trail next weekend.
images.jpg:thumb:

I drank the juice. Now a proud owner of a KTM 450 EXC-R 2011. Picking it up Saturday. I think Rack wants to take me out to the trails to see my first spill on the new machine. :ride:

Hey, the stock gearing will be fine for an early Saturday morning ride :devil: