Need new Bars for my bike

Moose, Renthal (what I currently have), Pro tapper, Tag, Fly or MSR

Which one of these listed should I go back with?

I ride trail and MX.

Moose, Renthal (what I currently have), Pro tapper, Tag, Fly or MSR

Which one of these listed should I go back with?

I ride trail and MX.
Which ever one feels right to you. Renthal twin walls are a nice setup, but then it depends on the bend.

Jax buy the most expensive set of bars you think you can afford. I scrimped on the last set of bars I purchased. Had one minor dirt nap and bent them. But if I had to choose from the list that youve listed I would go with either Renthal or Pro Taper.

i have a 2012 yz125 and they came with the protaper oversized bars and ive taken some hard hits and i go down alot lol and they havent bent yet i love them but my next bars (if i need them) i want to try tag because ive seen and heard awesome reviews about them and there supposed to absorb viberation to help you feel more confident

If you want a taller, narrower bed (great for woods), check out the pastrana fmx bend.
attachment.php

I can vouch for magura s.x. bars personally, as I have extensively crash tested them

Jax buy the most expensive set of bars you think you can afford. I scrimped on the last set of bars I purchased. Had one minor dirt nap and bent them. But if I had to choose from the list that youve listed I would go with either Renthal or Pro Taper.
its not always the most expensive is the best lol like red lobster is pretty good but its expensive and joes crab shack is cheaper and wayy better

its not always the most expensive is the best lol like red lobster is pretty good but its expensive and joes crab shack is cheaper and wayy better

i do not agree. from my experience its the other way around.

but your point is correct. most expensive dont = best

ive never had to replace any bars yet so i have no real experience but from what i see and have read renthal and pro taper seem to be the two most popular

i do not agree. from my experience its the other way around.

but your point is correct. most expensive dont = best

ive never had to replace any bars yet so i have no real experience but from what i see and have read renthal and pro taper seem to be the two most popular
Rainboy Boy has some Tags on his scooter I believe and he is a soil sample king out at the track. I believe his are holding up quite well so far...

James

Staff member
...it depends on the bend.
:thumb: That, you need to figure out what bend you like first. Doesn't really matter if it would survive a Mach truck driving over it if the bend is uncomfortable to you.
i want to try tag because ive seen and heard awesome reviews about them
I used to ride with Tag T2 bars and they've survived some really brutal hits. Once I buried the clutch side so deep that I had to dig it out just to get to the kill switch. :bonk:

I now have Jeff's Pro Taper (Carmichael bend) bars, which I've "tested" a few times already. :lol:

like stewart goes down ALOT and he has tag bars and they work good for him but renthal and pro taper are more popular cause their older and everyone feels safe with them because they dont bend

Once again not all of the thread I posted got read. I didnt say by the most expensive. I said by the most expensive you can afford.
Im a firm believer that you get what you pay for (in most cases, as deals can be had). I also stated to not scrimp on handle bars.

Once again not all of the thread I posted got read. I didnt say by the most expensive. I said by the most expensive you can afford.
Im a firm believer that you get what you pay for (in most cases, as deals can be had). I also stated to not scrimp on handle bars.

I got your meaning smoke. :thumb: I too believe in you get what you pay for,,only sometimes you can pay twice or three times as much for a product that may only be about 1/4 better,,, so skimping out and buying a product two or three times verses the once is just as good at times. I'll use tusk clutch as an example...$45 vs. Barnnett or Hinson well over $100, I can buy them two or three times and still come out cheaper Minus the labor obviously but I don't mind the work.

Thanks guys, I guess I was looking for a definite blow out of one certain bar that most everyone agrees on, but in the end it sounds like a taste factor more than a product line factor.

James

Staff member
in the end it sounds like a taste factor more than a product line factor.
They're all pretty good, the biggest thing is getting the right bend, which is a lot easier said then done. :lol: Go buy 5 different bends and keep the one you like or go to your nearest dealership and try a few. :noidea:

They're all pretty good, the biggest thing is getting the right bend, which is a lot easier said then done. :lol: Go buy 5 different bends and keep the one you like or go to your nearest dealership and try a few. :noidea:

The bend I have now I don't like for sure :lol: just looking at the sites they don't look like that much different, I don't see how looking at one on the shelf is giong to help.