Need help!!!!

Alright everyone I recently bought a dirt bike second hand a few days ago and I think there's something wrong with the clutch. I started her up last night to take her for a quick spin for the first time and while the bike is going I tried to shift her in first and it felt like she already was but when I let out the clutch fully she wouldn't stall out or anything, when I Rev her up with the clutch still let out she'll start moving? What could this be

I'm gonna take my clutch apart when I get home and see if they're stuck together Bc she was parked for a month, also gonna just buy a new clutch cable all together. Thanks bud!

one of the best things to have when you get a new or used bike is a MANUAL. A new clutch cable is always a good idea if the one on it looks anything but "new". Adjust it so that when you give the handle a slight pull, that it will move about an eight of an inch before the slack is taken up.

It may have an oil in it that is not compatible with the clutch friction plates. If you continue to let them slip like you have, you will need new ones, as I am sure you know.

Yes my buddy I know that! Another question, I just got off bike and while I'm just dodging along barley giving her gas she starts to sputter at times, give her a bit more gas and she's fine. She seems to only do it when the throttles twisted just past engagement. Idles Perfect and no sputter when reving in netural

SRAD97750

Staff member
Yes my buddy I know that! Another question, I just got off bike and while I'm just dodging along barley giving her gas she starts to sputter at times, give her a bit more gas and she's fine. She seems to only do it when the throttles twisted just past engagement. Idles Perfect and no sputter when reving in netural
Clean the carburetor. Should clean up your revs. -BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Is there anything I could put in my gas?
Additives and cleaners will help, but an actual carburetor cleaning is the only way to solve fueling problems. Only takes a few minutes, and is the FIRST step in a large majority of troubleshooting. -BIG DAN:thumb:

what bike is this??
08 Crf450r! She was sitting for about a month before I bough her and I accidentally ran her out of gas the first ride so I'm worried about her maybe sucking some dirt in the carbs that may have been in the gas tank! A nice carb and jet cleaning would be great

Let's see, the rig quits flowing fuel up the jets when it runs dry on fuel, so how is it that it picks up stuff that won't float at that point? I have been missing that for about 40 something years. I won't call it a myth, that sounds so negative. So please explain the "legend".

Those bikes you used to see winning mx and sx races on tv got the float set before each event. Some of them again during the event. I will bet a weeks worth of your pay that yours was last set at the factory. Opening one without setting that has seemed such a waste to me,.