RM-Z250 need help with my 2005 rmz 250

i bought this bike for cheap and put a new topend in it with pro x piston and rings it has a new stock crank and vlaves, the bike with start but will no idle without high rpms. when i try to adjust the idle and give it gas it revs too high . im at a loss can somone help.

Timing or air leak is the first thing(s) that come to mindYou leave out a lot tho. Things like how it ran before your "overhaul" and what the spark if looks like. Remember you are not talking to someone who is standing next to it. Carburetor is in need of a rebuild?

Timing or air leak is the first thing(s) that come to mindYou leave out a lot tho. Things like how it ran before your "overhaul" and what the spark if looks like. Remember you are not talking to someone who is standing next to it. Carburetor is in need of a rebuild?

i bought the bike in a box and had the jug honed and new piston along with new crank

"Bike in a box" is always interesting, makes me wonder why it wound up in a box. If it runs good although idles high I'd guess clogged jets air leak or fuel screw setting. Kehin FCR in that one?

In my case I assume the worst. It is just nice to know where the "starting line" is. I buy those frequently with the worst case view and price.

Yep me too. Got my trusty '03YZ250F for $400 as a non runner. In spec valves & rings no crank slop noted weisco & hot rods mmmkay... eBay'd a stock clutch pack cleaned the carb and ride! Got 20hrs on er so far great bike.

Good tip for cleaning carb jets is guitar strings. Buy a single .009
.013 or .017 and scrub it in there with some chemtool. Amazing the amt of crusty boogers you can push out.

Yep me too. Got my trusty '03YZ250F for $400 as a non runner. In spec valves & rings no crank slop noted weisco & hot rods mmmkay... eBay'd a stock clutch pack cleaned the carb and ride! Got 20hrs on er so far great bike.

Good tip for cleaning carb jets is guitar strings. Buy a single .009
.013 or .017 and scrub it in there with some chemtool. Amazing the amt of crusty boogers you can push out.

I've been using torch tip cleaners for 20 years nice neat compact and cheap. Just be careful not to notch your jets.

Also hot start issues can be frustrating, don't shortcut anything and allways double check yourself, good luck!