Need help on deciding a bike

hey guys I'm looking for a dirtbike I've never rode one before I'm 22 years old and I'm 5"6 140lbs I have about 1000$-3000& to spend would a 125 Klx be too small? Honda crf 150? I'm
Not really sure that's what I was looking at online at the dealer

a mild mannered 4st would be best for a first bike. The 2st race bikes in 125 250 are too tall and too much power for you. If you can afford to upgrade quickly then the bike you are looking for would work for 6mos or a year. Then you would want a bigger bike.

things like the crf150f, tt125 and the ttr225 or 230 hold value well if and when you want to move up. also the xr200 and crf230f are good for that too. the klx is a good bike, but hasnt seemed to have gotten the aftermarket following or the understood resale of the other two brands.

Oh lord kyler no to both I'd say go down to the dealer and sit on a few. Best to be flat footed knees slightly bent. Do you know anyone who rides? What brought this sudden urge to join the cool kids? mmm nevermind bikes are awesome don't really need a reason I guess. Anyhow if you know someone who rides check out their bike, and if not go down to the dealer and sit on a few. A klx 140 would disappoint the heck out of you in a week. Find a used kdx 200 in good shape it's a good learner and still be a hoot when you're 50.