My last ride before I rode with JimYZ/CR and broke my leg

That is, the last ride before Jim and the very last ride that I broke my leg on.

Ok, Rack asked for a ride report. Well, I don't really have much to report other then I got new stainless valves and couldn't wait to break them in. So I met a friend out a Jaw Bone on a Friday where we figured we would take the long way to McIvers cabin on top of some mountains and in some washes. After a while of some wash riding, rolling climbs and ended up at the spring at Dove Springs, we then found out a whole new area has been fenced off and is now unable to ride. It least according to my friend it is fairly newly fenced off. I don't frequent the place enough so I don't know the trails well there. So we decided to take off in one direction thinking eventually we should reach a trail that will take us heading North again to head to the cabin. Well too many miles later, we threw in the towel on that idea. At this point possibly not enough fuel to make it back to our trucks so we played it safe. And in the wide open we were burning fuel! So we decided to take a break near the hill climbs and eat some lunch under the shade of a Joshua Tree where we kicked back for a while. After that we hit some climbs. I already posted in random videos of one of my climbs.

Then we decided go back to the trucks and took a very short break and then headed to the Jaw Bone store as a destination to ride to. When we got to The Jaw Bone Store there was a large group of riders eating tri tip sandwiches and throwing back cold beer. We hadn't planned on eating again but after seeing their food we both suddenly got hungry and agreed to split a sandwich. And at that point I couldn't resist a cold beer. After that we attempted to ride to what I thought from a distance was a mine in the side of a Mt. or a cave. Im not sure because I couldn't tell from where we were exactly what it was. But the trail we chose to take us to it was the wrong one (for me it least.) It got pretty gnarly so we turned around. After that we dropped into a wash and that started taking us up to the mouth of a canyon. That was when I began to sing in my helmet. I enjoy exploration rides. Especially if Im with someone who will help me out if I need it. As Im not "Dan the Man" or half the rider a lot of you are. However, the narrower the canyon got, the happier and more excited I became. Suddenly I see a trickle of water ahead on the ground. That really got me excited! Any time I see water in the desert I just want to dance :banana: But it wasn't much further up before it got very tight. I was lame and didn't hit this section just right but it was fun to mix up the ride with the obstacle. But also I left my skid plate at home. So I was a bit soft at hitting it out of paranoia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXelQdFFy80&feature=youtu.be

It wasn't much further after that the fun came to an end. But at the end of this canyon was a great place to kick back in nature. I wanted to climb up the rock face at the end to see what was up there so I did. Wondering if there would be a pool of water or it least be able to see where the water was coming from. When I finally got to the top, it was a whole other stretch of canyon like we had just rode. IF ONLY we could have gotten our bikes up it to go further. But there was no way no how And I seriously doubt anyone has done it. It would also be nice to have a pair of hiking shoes to throw on at that point and walk the further up the canyon exploring. One thing we noticed was the place, in fact the entire desert, was dripping with caterpillars this ride. That was sort of cool.

I love narrow canyons and passages. And I absolutely LOVE the sound of a solid bike in in a narrow canyon. That kind of reverberation just makes me say yay baby! Turn it up and you will hear that one blip and likely agree. At this point in the ride we had been on the bike for several hours. It was a good place to take a break, sit in the sand and absorb mother natures beauty and chit chat. So although it wasn't some ass kicking ride for a very long distance, it was just what I needed to come home feeling happy and refreshed. Really ANY ride is a good ride unless you get hurt. So this is it. My short clip of this 2nd to last adventure before breaking my leg. Thanks for reading and viewing. Now your turn. Post up some rides so I can live vicariously through you all.

The End:moon:
And here's the short clip of my day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awITwM-1tSE

Last edited:
So I was thinking we would here about the broken leg in this ride report!

:noidea:

Well, there was a video made of that too:picard:

A get well video from Denise. "mxdirtdiva" And it is on my FB page and I will ask her to send it to me so I can post it here if you so desire and want to see my foot/leg facing backwards.:puke:

Nice report Sun.:thumb:

Titanium, FUCK YEAH.:USA:

Thank you Timoys.
Nope! Swiss Stainless Steel and it fits my bones like a glove. My Doctor said he doesn't use titanium for every injury and he doesn't like it. It leave blackish greenish muck at the screw sites and often those type of screw are difficult to get out and break easier. I dunno:noidea: Right before he rolled me into surgery he asked if I had any questions. I said ya, I don't even know you! I have heard nightmare stories of surgeries done wrong. Then he said/claimed to be one of the top 3 doctors in Los Angeles County who specializes in these types of breaks. He said he has been doing these surgeries for 32 years. He was a bit arrogant but I liked that confidence. He also said even when someone is flown into the hospital that doesn't have insurance, he doesn't just patch them up and send them on to LA County. He gives them the same care and surgery that feels everyone deserves. A job done right.

So, hopefully he did it right and my stainless will be good.

Last edited: