150F/230F My crf150r locked up!?

My Crf150r locked up the other day. I was riding in my neighborhood and when I went to the end and turned around in like mid 1st. I went to take off and it shut off and the kick start lockup. I tried push starting it but it's all locked up. Then I put it in 1st and pulled it backwards and I hers a little puff and I tried to kick it and I kicked once and locked up again. There's oil and stuff in it. HELP Please!!!

SRAD97750

Staff member
Gross...
Time to pull the head and see what happened!
Do you have any mechanical knowledge or know-how?

Welcome! -BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
If the kickshaft won't turn, but the rear wheel turns, the engine is locked up.
If the rear wheel is locked up, even with the clutch pulled in, the transmission is most likely to blame.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Welcome to the site Dalton......I guess I'd first pull the spark plug, look to see if it's damaged in any way, indicating somthing came apart in the cylinder, also check to see if its hydro locked, in that case the engine would turn over with the plug out. Most likely your going to be tearing down the motor and splitting the cases to find your problem.

Welcome Dalton!
Sorry to hear that your bike is down. Either way you'll have to open up that topend to see what went wrong. Better get a 2nd paper route though because usually when they go you need to do everything so it doesn't teR itself apart again in the first 5 hrs.

Dalton,
As was already mentioned, if you can roll it at all in gear with the clutch pulled in, then the problem is most like engine related. If you pull the valve cover off and you have lots of free play in the rocker arm or lots of clearance under one of the valve buckets you can bet the valves are part of the problem. the only way to tell for sure is to start with the top end and work your way down. If you dont have a manual, that would be my first buy.

Keep coming back as you progress or need to have a place to ask or to vent.