Amatuer MXA Jody's Box

I want to say it was around the early 90's (92, or 93).

I remember in 86 buying a brand new 125 for 1200 and in 89 buying a pair of RM250's for 2500 each... Those days are long gone..:cry:
A new bike is roughly 8K in the 450 class now???

I remember in 86 buying a brand new 125 for 1200 and in 89 buying a pair of RM250's for 2500 each... Those days are long gone..:cry:
My dad's 78 IT400 cost 1650 brand new according an old magazine I bought that reviewed it.
A new WR250F costs 6,900, but of course, minimum wage in 78 was 2.65

Yeap that is about right. I was riding freebies in 89 - 91. I then bought my 93 KX500 for dealer cost still in the crate but sticker was $4K.

Yeap that is about right. I was riding freebies in 89 - 91. I then bought my 93 KX500 for dealer cost still in the crate but sticker was $4K.

FREEBIES!!!! :drool:

I really still cant get over the cost of bikes and pick-up trucks... If my father were alive he would smack me for paying these prices...

Pretty much everything goes hand in hand... looking into the way back machine :wow: , my 73 Zooky 125 was $700... my 2011 Berg was $9000... after comparing wages to cost I spent (slighly) less on this one than on the Zooky... $/hr div/ cost :prof:... it might be wrong but it feels so right ... isn't that a song! :thinking:

As for Jody's box............ I was thinking the same thing.... :devil: what a let down! :smirk:

All i know is, i work full time in the summer and part time in the winter at minimum wage and i could never afford to race on a new bike every weekend. Even if i payed for nothing but gas and insurance for my truck and was fully dependent on my parents there would be no chance in hell. Kinda sad when you think about it, i could never be competitive even if i wanted to :pout:

All i know is, i work full time in the summer and part time in the winter at minimum wage and i could never afford to race on a new bike every weekend. Even if i payed for nothing but gas and insurance for my truck and was fully dependent on my parents there would be no chance in hell. Kinda sad when you think about it, i could never be competitive even if i wanted to :pout:
Welcome to life :wave: