Pro MX Sports reponse to the Jeff Alessi laser incident

James

Staff member
MX Sports has just issued a Notice Of Offense and Penalty which spells out in great detail what actually happened with the Jeff Alessi laser incident at Washougal. Plus it also lays out the fines and penalties for all involved. The biggest being that Jeff Alessi had his MX Sports credential revoked and won't be allowed to attend an AMA Pro Motocross event or obtain another credential, indefinitely.

Thoughts on this? Fair ruling?

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg
010.jpg

I see it as a bit un-fair to penalize MA800 (although by the rules it is in the right) because he seems to have known nothing about the incident prior to Mookie notifying him, but other than that

James

Staff member
I see it as a bit un-fair to penalize MA800 (although by the rules it is in the right) because he seems to have known nothing about the incident prior to Mookie notifying him, but other than that

Yeah that was my first thought as well, it could have been much worse for him (Mike) though.

James

Staff member
$25,000 in fines for Mike. The other two are banned. Holy crap. :picard:

No from what I read Mike was fined $10,000 which is due before the next race (if he wishes to race) and another $5,000 is due only if he violates the one year misconduct probationary period (plus he'll be banned for life). The $10,000 under the MCR team section is actually the same $10,000 against Mike.

Also Jeff is gone forever and Tony only for the remainder of the season.

Mike really did get the short end of the stick here. :(

No from what I read Mike was fined $10,000 which is due before the next race (if he wishes to race) and another $5,000 is due only if he violates the one year misconduct probationary period (plus he'll be banned for life). The $10,000 under the MCR team section is actually the same $10,000 against Mike.

Also Jeff is gone forever and Tony only for the remainder of the season.

Mike really did get the short end of the stick here. :(

if I was Mike I might just say Go buck a fuffalo

I agree it seems a bit much. It feels like Mike shouldnt be responsible but, rules are rules and that is part of being on a "team." There is no "I" in team. If your on a team you must look out for everyone's best interest at all times.

I think they did what is right. Even if it is a little harsh they needed to do it. If they didnt drop the hammer on them imagine all the pissed off people. That family has made some stupid moves. They have pissed off a lot of people over the years in the industry. But I dont blame the kids as much as their Dad:whip: who raised them to be like this:boxing:

The boys have grown up a lot and seem to be more mature and polite however, genetically speaking they are still their Father's Sons. All of them known for being for being hot headed and quick to pounce. And now just plain stupid. It's a shame for sure. Makes you wonder what those boys would have been like had they not had their Father around as their manager. Maybe better, maybe worse. No doubt they are good racers and riders. And Im sure good people at heart. Just hot headed, poor decision makers. And for that they are in trouble again. And because of a lazer light:picard: What was he thinking? That nobody would see? That's dumb and :loco:

I don't see any shades of grey here at all. As a parent, I try and teach my kids sportsmanship and integrity above all. Mike pays the price and, frankly, he should. This is my $.02 Canadian (which rounds down to nothing). I can't believe a rider would pull this shit. The Allessi's must be real piles. And you can quote me on that. :smirk: