Mud slide!

I have to concure with Rack. I dont particularly care to ride in the mud for a variety of reasons. That video demonstrated one of those reasons. The other reason is the clean up at the end of the ride. I dont mind if my bike is a little dirty or dusty. But muddy thats a whole different story:foul:.

I too hate mud, it turns white gear (which I have btw) brown, makes the bike hard to clean, and its just icky, the older I get the more I become a fair weather rider

Living in So Cal we dont ride much mud, it least I dont, I eat it instead:busted:

It makes me think of a few different times where I couldnt even stay standing up because my feet were sliding away from the bike dumped at an angle:lol:

Gritty mud, spackle mud, slippery mud, it's all work and some play. Once when I was racing (Race Around the Lake, 08) a flagger put his flag down and helped me because the mud was sooo slippery every time I tried to lift my bike up off the ground it would just slide away from me and that was on flat ground!:lol: In some ways I wish I rode mud more frequently to have better skills, but then again it isnt that often I encounter it.

:prof:It's all about momentum and throttle finesse!

Have been in that position once and vowed ever again. Mud sucks.:smirk:

You're sounding a lot like me...sand sucks, mud sucks.............swtichbacks suck, whoop dee doos suck! :smirk:

As for the "character" in the vid...because I don't have sound, I don't know if he's chatting but watching the vid when he's standing there looking at the bike..."get up you damn thing, I SAID GET UP...still nothing, soon an unknown rider emerges from the hill and offers assistance...here, let me help you with that, there you go now GO THAT WAY!" The end! :moon:

Living in So Cal we dont ride much mud, it least I dont, I eat it instead:busted:

It makes me think of a few different times where I couldnt even stay standing up because my feet were sliding away from the bike dumped at an angle:lol:

Gritty mud, spackle mud, slippery mud, it's all work and some play. Once when I was racing (Race Around the Lake, 08) a flagger put his flag down and helped me because the mud was sooo slippery every time I tried to lift my bike up off the ground it would just slide away from me and that was on flat ground!:lol: In some ways I wish I rode mud more frequently to have better skills, but then again it isnt that often I encounter it.

:thumb: Your are a wise young lady...

and some people call that FUN????? :rolleyes:.....:smirk: